Quality Control - Supervisor - Cell Biology
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- College Station, TX
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Quality, Science/R&D, Biology, Cell Biology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Lone Star Bio
- Supervise and lead the QC Cell Biology/Immunology Staff, including hiring, supervision, coaching, mentoring, discipline, and performing annual review assessments.
- Coordinate QC testing for GMP release and stability testing.
- Ensure QC equipment is maintained in a qualified state.
- Prepares and executes tech transfer, qualification and validation protocols and reports as needed.
- Writes, revises, and reviews Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) documentation.
- Establish a system for managing test samples, reagents and reference standards.
- Critical reagent / system suitability qualification and management.
- Review and approve data / reports during release & stability testing.
- Ensures laboratory compliance to established specifications and procedures.
- Reports excursion/out of specifications results and conducts investigations as needed.
- Assure the implementation of appropriate and timely corrective actions.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and other departments to continuously improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management team.
- Follow all established laboratory, regulatory, safety, and environmental procedures.
- Identify deviations and report possible preventative and corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Sound understanding and knowledge of ELISA based methods including potency and colorimetric assays.
- Operate as a team leader, coordinate staff scheduling.
- Ability to follow safety procedures outlined in the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Utilize MSDS sheets to properly assess chemical hazards, spill response procedures, and PPE requirements if indicated.
- Develop staff to maximize contributions to team and company.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to accurately review and complete required documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, and gloves.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Ph.D. preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with at least three (3) years' industry experience in a GMP / GxP or a comparable federally regulated environment of which two (2) years are in a supervisory or lead role; OR
- Master's degree preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with at least six (6) years' industry experience in a GMP / GxP or a comparable federally regulated environment of which two (2) years are in a supervisory or lead role; OR
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with at least seven (7) years' industry experience in a GMP / GxP or a comparable federally regulated environment of which two (2) years are in a supervisory or lead role.
- Hands on laboratory and supervisory experience in a GLP/GMP regulated environment is preferred.
Join us! FDB is advancing tomorrow's medicine, impassioning employees to chase the impossible and continually expand their potential. We are a company of emboldened goal seekers – driven by an innate desire to better ourselves, our families, our workplace, our company, our community, and the world at large.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.
To all agencies Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is an industry leading cGMP Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) supporting our partners in the biopharmaceutical industry with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and gene therapies.
With over 30 years of experience in process development and cGMP manufacturing, a dedicated staff of over 2,000 and a reputation for excellent customer service, flexibility and responsiveness, we’ve become a trusted partner to some of the most prominent biotech developers and pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Our Process Development experience includes the development of processes for molecules expressed via fermentation (e.g., E. coli, P. pastoris), cell culture systems including CHO, HEK, Vero, MDCK, EB66 and insect cells, and from transgenic sources.
Our network expands within five development and manufacturing facilities located in Teesside, United Kingdom; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA; College Station, Texas, Thousand Oaks CA USA and Hillerød, Denmark.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Research Triangle Park, NC
College Station, TX
Holly Springs, NC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert