Senior IT Network Administrator
- Menlo Park, CA
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Information Technology, Network Administration, System Administration, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Senior IT Network Administrator
Location: Menlo Park, CA
The Information Technology Network Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, operation, and maintenance of network hardware and software. This individual is a technical architect with a solid, working understanding of modern corporate network and firewall technologies and topologies. This individual ensures that system hardware, network, security, and software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners.
- Architect and manage networking infrastructure for office, datacenter, and remote services with performance and security as the highest requirements
- Configure, test, and deploy network configuration management and monitoring services
- Second-level support for end-user systems and applications issues
- Work collaboratively with the Infrastructure team
- Cross-train group members to bolster single sources of knowledge
- Ensure all servers and services are properly monitored with alerting
- Lead / Participate in IT projects
- Clearly document and describe new and existing systems for supportability
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years system administration experience
- Senior level network administration – OSPF, LACP, IPSEC/SSL VPN, Load Balancers, TCP/IP, WIFI
- Senior level firewall and security administration (PAN, honeypot, and EDR)
- Senior level experience with large-scale, high-bandwidth HPC networking and wireless infrastructures
- Linux operating system administration
- VMWare virtualization administration
- Strong problem-solving and research capabilities and time-management skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and documentation skills
- Working experience in SOX and ISO regulated environments a plus
Salary Range:$138,200.00 - $187,000.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
1305 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert