Sr. Facilities Mechanical Technician #2978
- GRAIL, LLC
- Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Administration, Facilities, Engineering
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Bio NC, Best Places to Work
The Sr. Facilities Mechanical Technician is primarily responsible for maintaining all building, utility and operations equipment. This position is responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of mechanical, controls and maintenance services to assure equipment reliability. Responsible for maintaining site HVAC systems, Building Automation System (BAS) and support systems supporting 24/7 site operations. The individual will need to work closely with the facilities team to assure utilities operate reliability, assist in the spare parts program to maintain inventory levels and qualify replacement parts. Maintenance activities would include troubleshooting, preventative and corrective interventions. This position reports to the Associate Director of Facilities.
This position will be required to use technical manuals, on-line resources and OEM representatives to maintain the equipment operational with a minimum of downtime. This position will work with other maintenance and technical trades, contractors, engineers, metrology, validation and quality to help maintain these systems operational while adhering to cGMP standards. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions and Quality Standards in a FDA regulated facility are mandatory. In addition, this individual will also be involved in the installation and start-up of new equipment and assist with any commissioning and qualification activity as required. This position will also work in support of the Environment, Health and Safety personnel (EHS) to ensure the systems are operated safely and within limits.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and repair the boiler hot water system, compressed air, house vacuum, air handling units, and other utilities while supporting 24/7 continuous operations.
- Skilled with routine preventive maintenance and complex troubleshooting of mechanical equipment and systems.
- Performs and/or coordinates planned and demand maintenance activities for HVAC systems, utilities and laboratory operations support equipment.
- Work closely with Department Heads and Automation Engineers to identify potential failure modes of equipment and maintenance strategies to mitigate impact.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Building Automation Systems (BAS) in support of 24/7 operations.
- Ensure the uninterrupted delivery of critical utilities including HVAC, electrical distribution, compressed air, vacuum, and process gasses to site customers.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced start-up environment.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer oriented attitude.
- Seeks opportunities to implement a culture of continuous process improvement as related to equipment, processes and systems at the site.
- Maintain all mandatory training requirements ensuring compliance to site procedures and job performance qualifications.
- Able to perform routine repair and maintenance functions with little supervision and to provide support to other technicians, specialized maintenance contractors or OEM on more complex equipment interventions.
- Perform rounds to monitor equipment for proper operation and trending towards adverse conditions by assessing operational parameters, alerts and alarms.
- Develop, review, and/or approve maintenance SOPs, work instructions, JHAs, job plans, spare parts lists, risk assessments, and reports.
- Administers maintenance records and coordinates required training to employees and contractors. Document work utilizing site’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Work with equipment manufacturers, vendors, and support personnel to complete repairs, procure spare parts and schedule maintenance.
- Ability to be on a rotational on-call schedule responding to issues after hours and weekends/holidays.
- Strict adherence to EH&S guidelines and policies to ensure safe operation of the equipment and systems.
- Other duties that may reasonably be assigned by management/supervision
Your background should include:
- Technical Certification or Associates Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Applied Engineering is preferred. Equivalent military training also considered
- Preferred candidates will have a minimum 10 years maintenance or operating experience in an FDA regulated environment
- Welding Certification preferred
- HVAC CFC Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical requirements for this position:
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- This position will be on-call for maintenance issues in rotation with other technicians.
- This position may require coverage of different shifts, weekends and holidays.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
CEO: Bob Ragusa
1525 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert