Director/Sr. Director, Immunology, Oncology Cell Therapy Innovation
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotherapeutics, Immunology, Oncology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The vision of Takeda is to build a world-class Cell Therapy team and deliver allogeneic innate cell therapy product for both hematological and solid tumor patients.
This position is seeking a highly experienced and motivated immunologist, who has a solid background in immunology, especially immune-oncology and innate cell immunology, to join the Oncology Cell Therapy Innovation team. The successful candidate will play an important role in leading the development of cell therapy platforms and pipeline programs, based on solid understanding of innate cell biology, e.g., immune cell activation, survival, proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cancer/immune cell biology in the tumor microenvironment. This position will be responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and execution of our research programs in immunology, with a particular focus on the development of cell-based therapies.
- Develop and implement research strategies and project plans for the development of novel cell-based therapies.
- Lead a team of scientists and researchers in the design, execution, and analysis of preclinical and clinical studies.
- Oversee the development and characterization of cellular therapies, including NK, gamma delta T cells and other adoptive cell transfer approaches.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with academic and industry partners to stay up-to-date on the latest advances in immunology and cell therapy.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and tools for the development of novel cell therapies.
- Analyze and interpret data from preclinical and clinical studies to inform decision-making around project priorities and timelines.
- Write scientific papers and reports and present research findings to internal and external audiences.
- Manage and mentor a team of immunologists, fostering a culture of scientific excellence and collaboration.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD in immunology or a related field, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of leading successful research programs in immunology, with a focus on the development of cell-based therapies.
- Strong expertise in cellular immunology, including experience with CAR-T cell therapies and adoptive cell transfer approaches.
- Experience with preclinical and clinical development of immunotherapies, including IND-enabling studies and regulatory submissions.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor a team of scientists and researchers.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to write scientific papers and reports and present research findings to internal and external audiences.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- May require approximately up to 0-10% travel.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Base Salary Range: 160,300.00 to 229,000.00. . Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert