Sr Project Delivery Engineer
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Lansing, MI
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
Development and Management of multiple complex engineering capital projects. Provide leadership and direction to project team members and stakeholders to ensure that projects are aligned with company strategies, compliance expectations and business needs through established key KPIs.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leads and manages multiple complex capital projects ($50K-$5MM) and initiatives simultaneously for various stakeholders and clients using cross-functional project teams
• Assists in the identification of user requirements and uses engineering knowledge to guide stakeholders in understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, function, and risk
• Coordinates the development of project scopes and aligns expectations with the project team and stakeholders applying appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations, and procedures.
• Develops and formalizes baseline project management plans at execution level granularity of tasks, resource requirements, so that critical path and expenditures can be identified and managed.
• Facilitates and participates in the development of design and equipment RFPs, design packages and specifications, and design document reviews
• Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
• Manage communication flows to project stakeholders, including team members, management, program, and functional organizations
• Responsible for managing procurement and vendor/contractor selection, constructability reviews, approval of submittals, field execution, commissioning protocol development and execution, and oversight and review of validation plan and regulatory submission strategy
• Act as a coach and mentor to other members of the Project Engineering and SME’s on project teams to drive continuous improvement, knowledge transfer, and professional growth of both you and your colleagues
• Identify areas to drive down project costs through lessons learned and develop specific improvement strategies to realize these savings.
• Has wide-ranging experience, using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in more efficient ways than lower levels.
• Work on complex issues where analysis of situations/data require in-depth evaluation of variable, identified factors.
• Exercises judgment normally in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria in resolving issues.
• Determines own instructions and procedures on day-to-day tasks and new assignments.
• Drive the complete execution of assigned projects in manner that drives high engagement from project team members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical or related environment in a project or construction management related role
• BS in Engineering, Science, Project/Program Management, or Management or equivalent experience
• Technology/Equipment (DP/DS/Clinical/Commercial/SS/SU) emphasis will vary by site, candidate is expected to be able to guide site to top quartile operational safety, efficiency, and reliability for these technologies.
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Highly effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate activities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• PMP Certification or significant OTJ Experience with Project lifecycle best practices
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert