- Emergent BioSolutions
- Rockville, MD
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Associate Metrology Specialist applies knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics and electronics to calibrate instrumentation associated with plant and process equipment, ensuring accuracy of pressure, temperature, time, dimensional and other measurements. The metrologist will adapt equipment, standards and procedures to accomplish unique measurements. They will use electronic and hard copy systems to maintain detailed records of calibrations and conduct metrology-related administration.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays Emergent Core Values of Respect, Commitment, Empowerment, Communication and Innovation continually
- Team Oriented
- Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP Enterprise System (database)
- Maintains detailed records of calibration activities
- Performs calibration of instrumentation necessary for maintaining production equipment, laboratory equipment and other auxiliary measurement systems
- With assistance, directs calibration activities of outside calibration vendors
- With assistance, coordinates shipping of instruments for outside calibration
- With assistance and in communication with the purchasing and accounting groups, uses the SAP system to create purchase orders and to track invoices to ensure timely payment of vendors
- Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed
- Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems
- Establishes procedures and maintains existing procedures with supervision
- Problem Solving Mindset
- Adapts to the needs of customers and understands production support
- Familiar with and demonstrates GMP/GXP/GLP and the importance of data integrity
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with >1 year experience / related discipline or High School diploma with >3 years experience/Prior Military or Trades Schooling
- Experience in industrial/pharmaceutical metrology/instrumentation & controls setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems/electronics and instrumentation systems required
- Detailed knowledge of calibration procedures and basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers is preferred
- SAP experience strongly preferred/Blue Mountain/ProCal/MetCal
- Must possess the ability to schedule many varied tasks and track them to completion.
- **Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus after health prescreen**
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert