Associate Director, Analytical Chemistry
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Science/R&D, Bioanalytical Services, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Director to join the Analytical Chemistry Group. You will lead a group of scientists working in an innovative mass spectrometry lab and provide analytical and biochemical characterization of strong and diversified pipeline of novel biologics drug candidates.As an Associate Director, a typical day might include the following:
- Lead a group of scientists and direct analytical development and characterization of strong and diversified pipeline of novel biotherapeutics, including monoclonal antibodies, bispecifics, antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), adeno-associated virus (AAV), RNA and other biologics to support different stages of drug development, from early-stage candidate selections to late-stage regulatory submissions.
- Drive analytical strategies and method development to address emerging challenges in biotherapeutics development, determine and elucidate critical quality attribute for risk assessment and control strategies, such as PTMs, product and process related impurities, host cell proteins, charge variants, LMW/HMW species, sequence variants, etc.
- Provide technical and regulatory support for cross-functional CMC teams, including formulation development, upstream and downstream process development, manufacturing and help to tackle real-time development challenges in process development and manufacturing for OOS/OOT investigations
- Find opportunities in the areas of improvement and/or new technology development in drug development-related analytics for implementation.
- Lead and develop scientific staff, build highly effective team through resource planning, prioritization of projects and activities, goal settings, etc., and provide performance management as needed
- Actively participate and lead internal and external meetings, discussions, etc. Prepare and review development reports, memos, and regulatory submission documents in CMC
- Must have experience directly managing a team of 5-10 Scientist.
- Knowledge or experience in both upstream and downstream process development is a plus. Expertise in mass spectrometry principles and applications for protein characterization and process development, with keen analytical and problem-solving skills, especially for Orbitraps, GC-MS, ICP-MS, Q-TOF and/or Triple-quadruple MS systems desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills a plus. Experiences in composing regulatory submission documents and knowledge in the industry practice and regulatory guidance on analytics development desired. Enthusiasm in science with strong leadership and motivation of making contributions in a team environment is a must.
To be considered for this opportunity, you need a minimum of a Ph.D. in chemistry, or biochemistry with a minimum of 15+ years of industry experience, and a record of publications in the field. A strong background in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry with biopharma experience, especially in protein therapeutics or AAV, or RNA analytics is helpful.Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$145,200.00 - $237,000.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert