Director, Brand Excellence
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications, Strategic Marketing, Science/R&D, Pharmacology, Market Access
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Director of Brand Excellence; Proposed Grade 21
This role leads all Brand Excellence efforts driving business performance for one of the priority therapeutic areas – Immunology, Oncology, or Psychiatry/Migraine. Managing a team of two to three individuals, you will ensure all key brand efforts are maximized, leading to differential positive impact on brand performance. With your guidance and coaching, your team will build and execute a brand-specific Brand Excellence plan, in partnership and alignment with their core IBT, which will infuse innovation into the brand and help drive brand performance even further. You and your team will be aligned to relevant IBTs and instrumental in ensuring brand goals are exceeded due to your involvement. You will be a “chief of business” for your brand Vice President and a facilitator of excellence for the IBT. Your leadership will connect possibilities to opportunities, bringing your IBT inspiration from best practices from across the enterprise and assistance in navigating the matrix to help the IBT achieve their strategic imperatives.
- Attuned to opportunity, you’ll lead and make intelligent decisions, adapting to create the best outcomes. You will decide which business opportunities you and your team are best suited to lead, and which business opportunities should be led by other stakeholders. You will decide how to engage IBT stakeholders to ensure their contributions are strategically aligned with brand needs. You should understand the pharmaceutical business and the cross-functional contributions needed to deliver results.
- You act quickly, not allowing pace to be the captive of perfection. Instead, you comfortably handle risk and embraces experimentation. You coach the IBT stakeholders to use an innovation mindset and AGILE ways of working and demonstrate them in the projects you lead for the brand
- You are recognized for your ability to influence stakeholders and inspire others towards a common goal. When necessary, you say what needs to be said in a respectful and clear way. You manage conflict effectively.
- You recognized as an innovative thinker. You’ll generate unique ideas by seeking out and incorporating new and different perspectives.
- You’ll champion and share best practices and learnings across markets to inspire innovative solutions; and encourages effective ways of working to ensure high impact.
- You’ll deliver annual Brand Excellence plan in partnership and alignment with the core IBT, infusing innovation into the brand to help drive brand performance even further. You’ll also support the development of direct reports and create an environment for their engagement with brand leaders.
- You’ll work closely and organizes efforts with all functional areas within AbbVie to drive differential brand performance.
- 10+ years commercial experience including Marketing, 5+ years experience building and leading teams. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Recent, strong pharmaceutical marketing experience and recent participation or leadership of a functioning IBT. He or she understands and can explain the 1-7-5 process clearly and effectively and has active knowledge of best practices brands can use to maximize 1-7-5 for their brand.
- Strong understanding of innovation methodologies (Innovation Champion) as well as a clear understanding of and demonstrated proficiency in AbbVie Marketing Competencies.
- People management experience both in managing direct reports and influencing internal and external stakeholders. Can provide leadership and direction for vision, strategies, plans and resource investment.
- Has excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills. Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience. Can determine appropriate action, execution, tracking, and monitoring of projects as needed. Attention to detail and demonstrated follow-through on execution.
- Other experience not required, but preferred, include sales management experience, market access experience, and digital marketing experience as these experiences would bring unique perspectives to their brand team, adding to the IBT expertise, and drive business performance. Knowledge of therapeutic environment is preferred. MBA preferred.
Applicable to California Applicants Only The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is posted below This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees. Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert