Learning Management System Specialist II
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Medicine
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Learning Management System Specialist II is accountable for administrating Global and US Medical Affair’s and Global Aesthetics Medical Affairs (GMA, USMA, GAMA) Learning Management System (LMS) and working with stakeholders to ensure proper development, assignment and maintenance of Medical Affairs training curriculum, reconciliation of late training events, support of audits, and supporting change control of training documents and system releases.
- Responsible for working with internal stakeholders to create, revise, and maintain training curriculum in the LMS.
- Lead project activities such as LMS processes, planning and implementation, metrics development and interpretation, compliance assessment and system updates. Maintain system standards to ensure consistency and seamless experience for the end user.
- Accountable for monitoring training completion by generating compliance reports and communicating to the learner and manager.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of LMS help desk resolutions. Authoring and maintaining LMS guidance.
- Establish and lead the process for providing training documentation for audits. Drive the actions to address findings related to training responsibilities.
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs), which demonstrate compliance and effective use of the LMS.
- Responsible for maintaining LMS processes and training materials based on current processes and version of the LMS.
- Oversees offshore support of LMS training as required.
- Represents Medical Affairs on LMS Steering Committees within R&D and with cross-functional partners where Medical Affairs has required training.
- Bachelor’s degree (or ex-US equivalent degree) is desired, preferably in a training/education or systems management field (minimum of 4+ years significant relevant experience without a degree)
- Desired to have 3+ years of experience preferably in Learning Management. Experience in Pharmaceuticals or other highly regulated industries
- Demonstrates good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Possesses good communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with systems operations and excellent planning, organizing and time management skills, including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects both working independently and within a team
- This position will report into a Director level and will have no direct reports
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert