Portfolio Execution Lead, Global Medical Affairs - Specialty
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Affairs
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Portfolio Execution Lead will focus on defining and continually evolving the portfolio approach with a ‘One Specialty’ mindset across the GMA Specialty team. This position will lead key innovative and strategic projects across GMA Specialty indications.
- Provides medical/scientific strategic and operational execution excellence of core medical affairs activities such as: health-care professional/provider interactions (Payers, Patients, Prescribers, Providers); generation of clinical and scientific data (enhancing therapeutic benefit and value); internal and external educational initiatives (medical education, evidence generation, internal communication/training, and value proposition).
- The role will support the Specialty strategic planning allowing us to maintain a portfolio mindset as new assets, new diseases and approaches integrate.
- Provides guidance on AbbVie’s Portfolio Leadership in Specialty with accountability across the Specialty team to orchestrate strategic and innovative projects that span across multiple therapeutic areas or indication teams around core common areas.
- Responsible for driving continual evolution of GMA and in field medical ways of working, such as multi/omni channel digital transformation across the global Specialty team deliverables including internal and external activities (e.g., stand-alone meetings, advisory boards, symposia, scientific conferences, MSL materials [such as Medical Discussion Topic decks, compelling content, and interactive medical aids] and trainings).
- Oversees the development and execution of scientifically accurate medical and commercial materials, medical education programs, advisory boards, symposia and GMI for purposes of developing relevant and scientifically accurate content.
- Leads the creation and execution of GMA customer experience flows and compelling content across Specialty indications related to defining new topics; dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and aligned with scientific priorities.
- Interact with and coordinate appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e., commercial, HEOR, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects. Specifically, this role will build alignment with internal functional areas specific to the Specialty area (e.g., legal, compliance, public affairs, government affairs, medical, health/economic outcomes, development, pharmacovigilance/safety), development of input/support for policy guidance and health policy initiatives.
- Med Ed Congress Planning and Execution: Continue to evolve the roll-out and execution of a conference roadmap, including consistent One Specialty approach to the creation of key conference deliverables.
- Portfolio maximization: support in-TA portfolio approach; participate across the planning cycle to facilitate cross TA topics supporting 1-7-5, co-creating with partners. For IFM, support empowering affiliates to prioritize time spent in-field support, enable value adding customer experience flows.
- Digital Transformation: continue development of an omnichannel presence, particularly focusing on supporting a web-based strategy for affiliate pull through of global content to increase digital presence and support.
- Deliver on differentiated insights and evidence generation solutions for Specialty by continuing to scale our RWE capabilities including CONVERGENCE and beyond: Promote a data-led culture to support insights and evidence generation activities across the Specialty TAs and Areas/Affiliates. Democratize RWD insights and disease area compendiums through partnerships and collaborations with RWD studies, Claims / EHR databases, registries etc.
- Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a therapeutic area resource.
- An advanced degree, i.e. PhD, PharmD, MBA, PA, NP, MD, DO or non-US equivalent of MD is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry or academia or equivalent.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials, medical education standards and experience in strategy development. Must understand Pharmacovigilance practices. Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategies.
- Can address complex problems within discipline or across several projects. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various complex factors.
- Must be able to influence in a matrixed environment.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert