District Sales Manager - Primary Care - Santa Barbara, CA
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
District Sales ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will:
- Track the progress of marketing messages and programs
- Provide feedback to district teams on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend)
- Manage district teams to maximize their performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets
- Screen, interview, and hire candidates
- Ensure compliance with training
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare individuals for future development
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, other Business Units)
- Share standard methodologies with direct reports and peers
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams
- Conduct district sales meetings to guide districts
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a sales leader with these qualifications.Doctorate degree and 2 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Bachelors degree or and 8 years of Sales/Marketing experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Sales/Marketing experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sales/Marketing experienceAnd
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.Preferred Qualifications:
- Three + years of specialty sales experience
- Experience in biologics
- Buy and bill model experience
- Ability to consistently and objectively recognize and promote success behaviors, as well as diagnose and change unsatisfactory behaviors through effective coaching
- Ability to demonstrate market & customer knowledge to strategically target messages, resources, and activities within the territory
- Demonstrates knowledge of local payor coverage
- Ability to understand and articulate clinical concepts, data, and conclusions
- Proven ability to utilize clinical information to effectively address customer questions and objections
- Ability to recruit candidates that meet the minimum job criteria
- Interviews and hires sales representatives that are capable and committed to fulfilling the job requirements
- Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated self-discipline
- Setting appropriate short term and long term objectives; demonstrated success in communicating & collaborating with sales staff, peers, business unit counterparts in an effective and timely manner.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $147,165 - $183,994.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
Stock-based long-term incentives
Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possibleApply now
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are all different, yet we have this in common: our mission to serve patients. This sense of shared purpose is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. It guides us as we continue to launch new medicines and reach millions of patients worldwide.
We live the mission.
We win together.
We thrive on continual challenge.
Our team of 22,000+ scientists and professionals worldwide bring distinct perspectives and experiences to all we do. We leverage our global talent to achieve together—to research, manufacture and deliver ever-better products and greater depth to our mission.
At Amgen, there is a strong correlation between our high level of diversity and performance. Because addressing issues with a wider range of perspectives and approaches leads to more creative problem-solving. Together, we’re transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health.
Connect with us to explore how you can Win, Live, and Thrive at Amgen.
One Amgen Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert