IT Senior Director DevSecOps
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Engineering, Software Engineer, Information Technology, Software Development, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
About the Organization:
Lilly IT builds and maintains capabilities using pioneering technologies like most prominent tech companies. What differentiates Lilly IT is that we create new possibilities through tech to advance our purpose – creating medicines that make life better for people around the world, like data driven drug discovery and connected clinical trials. We hire the best technology professionals from a variety of backgrounds, so they can bring an assortment of knowledge, skills, and diverse thinking to deliver solutions in every area of our business.
Lilly’s Software Product Engineering (SPE) organization is focused on building core foundational software platforms to accelerate our ability to reach and support patients, digitally. This organization is powered by software engineering experts that solve challenging problems around patient engagement and drug discovery with code.
Come build the next generation of DevSecOps engineering, so we can reach and support more patients digitally!
The Software Product Engineering team is actively looking for a technical leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment! Are you a product centric and engineering minded leader who can accelerate transformation? If so, please apply.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior Director of the Enterprise DevOps, Automation and Tools (EDAT) will lead the group that is responsible for Lilly’s Enterprise-DevSecOps platform, SaaS management, InnerSourcing and Developer experience. Reporting into the Senior Vice President of Software Product Engineering, this role will shape the next chapter of Lilly’s Enterprise-DevSecOps, responsible for the platform that delivers our software and ideation, design, and development of what’s to come. We are exposed to a fast-paced engineering environment that is looking to transform engineering at Lilly.
How You’ll Succeed:
• As the leader you will build and run a globally distributed team of high-performance engineers, that you will inspire and empower while ensuring talent development.
• You will be accountable for the daily operations — availability, performance, change control, compliance, monitoring, emergency response, budget, capacity management & cost optimization.
• With your technical experience you will build & improve the software deployment platform, data driven automated analysis and instrumenting for observability setting performance, SLAs & other effectiveness metrics.
• Using your people leadership, to develop and grow multiple sub-teams within the EDAT org. Lead delivery of products, organize team processes and work with leads to plan and achieve results.
• In collaboration with Information-security and other teams you will lead project goals and plans of execution to achieve the delivery of a multitude of products at scale.
• With your superb communication and influence skills you will communicate, develop, complete, and champion DevSecOps/SRE objectives.
• With your natural curiosity, you will understand the internal and external landscape to evaluate and promote new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities to lead our industry.
• In addition to leadership, you will also be able to dive deep to support technical challenges in the software and infrastructure space.
What You Should Bring:
• Ability to effectively work with senior leadership in setting strategic quarterly direction.
• Proactive approach, with a demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and influence others to achieve fast decisions.
• Sophisticated hands-on engineering experience in the software space.
• Good communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
• Sophisticated knowledge and practical experience of cloud technologies and software engineering.
• Web Security and Healthcare compliance experience is a plus.
• A high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation.
• Solid understanding of SDLC, security as it relates to DevSecOps and Agile program management.
• Experience with architectural patterns of distributed applications on cloud.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
• 8+ years working in the software engineering field.
• 3+ years of proven technical leadership, key decision making and process re-engineering experience.
• Prior experience in similar leadership role with a Track record of building and running strong engineering teams of either DevSecOps or software engineering with CI/CD.
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert