Senior Vivarium Manager
- Entrada Therapeutics
- Boston, MA
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Science/R&D, Animal Health, Biology, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
What's happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Entrada's mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases with intracellular therapeutics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, antibody and enzyme-based programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and potentially represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics.
We're a tight-knit, patient-inspired team of experts and leaders in therapeutics development and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.The Perfect FitYou operate independently and proactively, while seamlessly pivoting to meet changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are resourceful, upbeat, and attentive. You are thorough when communicating both internally and externally. You identify problems and provide thoughtful and comprehensive solutions. You understand when to use the proper escalation paths and recognize the relevant stakeholders. You work successfully in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills to effectively build working relationships. The Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced, skilled individual to fill the role of Vivarium Manager as part of the Lab Opperations team at Entrada Therapeutics. The primary responsibility will be to keep the viviarium well maintained and in compliance as well as acting as a liaison with care staff, Institutional Animal care and use committee (IACUC), scientists, and vendors. In this role, the person has the added opportunity to build resources for a brand-new vivarium space as well as manage relations with rented vivarium locations.Responsibilities
- Manage all core vivarium operational activities, including animal husbandry, 3rd party support & consumable inventory control
- Ability to solve problem with animal production/breeding scheme for different research groups needs in cases of unexpected outcomes and ensuring compliance within policies and guidelines.
- Develop and oversee vivarium safety and operational protocols; effectively communicate and enforce safety rules, conduct orientation and annual safety training for all vivarium personnel.
- Participating in a rotating weekly on-call schedule to provide after-hours, holidays, and weekend veterinary coverage.
- Develop and maintain vivarium SOPs, policies, and guidelines in compliance with animal care and use protocol, IACUC, and Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC) guidance. Participate as chair of the IACUC; ensure vivarium readiness for IACUC and potential AAALAC inspections.
- Supervise training and documentation for vivarium staff and serve as technical resource for in vivo procedures.
- Drive the resource build needed to get a new vivarium running and complaint.
- Manage controlled substance program including obtaining licenses, training, compliance, and coordinating reverse distribution as needed.
- Manage upkeep, maintenance, calibration, and repair of vivarium equipment
- Manage shipping and importation from domestic and international shipments of rodents, including the preparation of material for shipment and receiving from external vendors, policy for quarantining animals, policy and procedures
- Ensure vivarium environmental conditions and animal usage are monitored, recorded and in compliance with protocols and guidance. Coordinate with in vivo pharmacology/neuromuscular team members to help plan and schedule studies, ensuring that resources and staff are in place.
- Collaborate with researchers for space utilization within the vivarium facility.
- Ensure that studies are conducted in strict accordance with IACUC protocols.
- Collaborate regularly with scientists and support staff to identify and address any workflow bottlenecks, inefficiencies, opportunities for process improvement, and logistical or administrative issues in the vivarium.
- Maintain common supplies within the vivarium facility and coordinate with Facilities & Operations staff for waste removal.
- In collaboration with the Director of Facilities & Operations, develop future CapEx/OpEx budgets for vivarium growth and development.
- Identify and implement projects for continuous improvement of vivarium infrastructure and operations.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a biological or animal science or a related field and must have AALAS LATG, and Certified Manager of Animal Resources (CMAR) certification.
- 5 years’ experience in a laboratory animal facility and 3 years’ experience in laboratory animal facility supervision / management
- Must have knowledge of regulations and national standards relating to the care and use of animals in research, issues pertaining to the care and use of animals in research, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) responsibilities and procedures, and the role and value of animal use in biological research.
- Fundamental knowledge of animal research facility operations, animal behavior, and species-specific requirements.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- An understanding of accounting and budget preparation is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.
Entrada Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company aiming to transform the lives of patients by establishing a new class of medicines, Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV™) therapeutics, to engage intracellular targets that have long been considered inaccessible and undruggable. The Company’s EEV therapeutics are designed to enable the efficient intracellular delivery of a wide range of therapeutics into a variety of organs and tissues with an improved therapeutic index. Through its proprietary, highly versatile and modular EEV platform, Entrada is building a robust development portfolio of oligonucleotide-, antibody- and enzyme-based programs for the potential treatment of neuromuscular diseases, immunology, oncology and diseases of the central nervous system. The Company’s lead oligonucleotide programs include ENTR-601-44 targeting Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and ENTR-701 targeting myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1).
Stock Symbol: TRDA
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
6 Tide Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert