Director, Commercial Project Management
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
We are seeking a Director, Commercial Project Management to conduct project management across critical commercial functions and projects. This individual will play a key role on the Commercial Team by defining and executing projects and initiatives that will be an important component of the Commercial organization success, i.e., supporting the Rx to OTC switch and launch planning for NARCAN® OTC in the US market. This Project Management role will work across our diverse organization with key stakeholders including Finance, Product Leadership, IT, Sales and Marketing, Training, Insights, and Contracting.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Represent Commercial across multiple functions
- Accountable for the management and execution of key activities, timelines, internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of projects
- Establishes project communications and reporting requirements
- Performs detailed analyses to understand and prove business case / impact; set up KPIs for ongoing management / monitoring to drive better data-driven decisions
- Report out to executive leadership on project progress, milestones, risks/issues, etc.
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships and rapport with cross functional teams to maximize team motivation and output
- Leverage best practices in project management to drive project success and effective communication, successfully completing complex projects, and is a natural problem solver
- Expert at holding others accountable; skilled at stakeholder management and change management
- Collaborates with Business Partners, Business Stakeholders, sponsors and supporting functions to assure that projects are characterized to best deliver intended value
- Demonstrates ability to flex across the enterprise functional areas as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- Project Management expertise
- 5+ years of diverse pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience
- A strong interest in the commercialization process; experience in multiple pharmaceutical or biotechnology commercial functions
- Change Management experience
- Proactive, biased-toward-action, detail-oriented, highly organized, and an effective communicator
- Experience using project management tools (project scheduling and resource management), such as MS Project.
- Proven analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills are required to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert