Senior Associate, Analytical Development PCR/NGS
- Neogene Therapeutics
- Santa Monica
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
Neogene is seeking an initiative-taking individual to join us as a Senior Associate, Analytical Development that will focus on the development of molecular biological assays for characterizing engineered TCR T-cell therapy. Additionally, this role contributes to the establishment, development, and qualification of PCR and NGS assays. This role is based out of Santa Monica, CA, and reports directly to the Senior Engineer, Analytical Development.
- Develop molecular biological assays for characterizing T-cell therapy drug substance and drug products using qPCR, dPCR and NGS.
- Perform routine assays for drug product release and characterization.
- Complete projects, testing and tasks as assigned and report results by deadlines.
- Assist in the everyday operation of analytical laboratories, including equipment management and reagent inventory.
- Support cross-functional projects with research, process development and manufacturing groups.
- BS degree in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 2+ years relevant experience OR MS in the aforementioned concentrations with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in executing and optimizing assays and analyzing data using multiple molecular biological platforms, e.g., qPCR, dPCR, Illumina Miseq, Oxford Nanopore, etc.
- Hands-on experience in nucleotide extraction, PCR and library preparation
- Bioinformatic data analysis is a plus.
- Detail-oriented in both technical assay development and data analysis.
- Strong written and presentation skills for scientific studies and projects.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic start-up company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $70,000 to $95,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Neogene Therapeutics is a global, preclinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of next generation, fully individualized engineered T cell therapies for a broad spectrum of cancers.
Our proprietary neoantigen T cell receptor (TCR) discovery and T cell engineering platform identifies TCR genes with specificity for neoantigens – found exclusively on cancer cells as a result of cancer-associated DNA mutations.
Cancer is a genetically individual disease – no two tumors are exactly the same. These variations create neoantigens – unique targets for every tumor. Neogene’s novel approach delivers a tailored T cell therapy containing a unique set of specific TCR genes for each individual patient. Engineered into patient-derived T cells, these TCRs are directed toward neoantigens in tumor cells, with the goal of eliciting strong and durable responses in a variety of solid tumor indications.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech start-up. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
2225 Colorado Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert