Director, Global Oncology Medical Affairs
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Basking Ridge, NJ
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Affairs, Science/R&D, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director Global Medical Affairs Oncology (GMA), ADC, under the direction of the Senior Director, GMA Oncology ADC (Global Medical Affairs team lead for compound), is responsible for assisting with defining compound/program medical strategies and for leading select medical affairs projects within a specific compound or indication.
- Leads the development of the Global Medical Affairs strategy and execution of the Global Medical Affairs plan for select indications/projects related to evidence generation, medical information and internal education, publications, scientific exchange and external data communication, and stakeholder scientific engagement. Responsible for managing budgets and resources for the assigned GMA plan activities, in collaboration with Sr Director.
- Leads medical readiness activities for market launches and life cycle management for select indications/projects. Gains strategic and planning alignment across regions and functions and supports review of Local Country/Regional Medical Affairs activities when applicable. Provide medical support/input into commercial and market access discussions for select indications.
- Serve as medical lead for select company-sponsored GMA evidence generating studies/projects. Manages all medical aspects such as study document development and drives execution for assigned projects in collaboration with GMA Clinical Operations and other cross-functional and regional stakeholders.
- Provides support in review of investigator-initiated studies (IIS) and may serve as deputy compound lead in Global IIS Review Committee meetings.
- Leads external medical education and other scientific exchange activities in alignment with the Senior Director, such as scientific symposium and medical congresses, within legal and compliance regulations.
- Collaborates across functions to support GMA MI&E activities in order to achieve approval of key scientific communications resources such as medical information response documents, (non-) promotional materials, educational slide deck and other internal training resources, within legal and compliance regulations. Provide training or communication of emerging data (internal or competitive), such as congress updates and development program highlights.
- Provides medical leadership in interactions with key external stakeholders and lead Scientific Engagement activities such as planning advisory boards, managing individual stakeholder interactions and peer to peer discussions, congress engagement activities, and collation of insights for select indications related to the compound.
- Provides support in the review of GMA Publications (abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts) and may serve as deputy compound lead on the Publication Planning Subteam (PPS).
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- An advanced doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO or equivalent) in medical/ scientific area is required. Experience in oncology therapeutic area is required.
- 10 or More Years overall relevant experience preferred
- 4 or More Years experience in pharma at local, regional and/or Global level. preferred
- Excellent knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology / Hematology / Endocrinology or other relevant disease area. preferred
- knowledge in and understanding of medical activities (including scientific communications, medical information, MSLs, and HEOR), relating to the commercialization of oncology products preferred
Ability to travel up to 20% Standard office based physical demands, travel as required.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology.
With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
For more information, please visit: www.daiichisankyo.com.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group. To learn more about Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., please visit www.dsi.com.
STOCK EXCHANGE: Tokyo Stock Exchange
STOCK SYMBOL: 4568
- (908) 992-6400
211 Mt. Airy Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert