Sr Mgr Automation
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Rensselaer, New York
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Engineering, Automation Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
We are looking for a Senior Manager Automation to supervise a team responsible for the configuration and installation of new biopharmaceutical process and QC laboratory equipment, as well as supporting existing equipment. The Senior Manager Automation develops procedures and methods for executing automation projects and support activities, while coaching and developing Automation professionals. This group ensures manufacturing systems are operating as expected and provides time-sensitive fixes to keep manufacturing running. This is a dynamic role that focuses on providing impeccable customer service, while developing direct reports to ensure their continued success and growth.
As a Senior Manager Automation, a typical day might include the following:
- Managing the performance, training, development, and results of the team
- Overseeing activities related to the configuration and support of laboratory and process equipment, as well as projects related to the equipment and lab software automation
- Operating as the Subject Matter Expert during regulatory inspections and internal investigations
- Coordinating the workflow within automation support groups, setting priorities and vetting requests for automation services
- Supporting regulatory efforts through audit participation and quality systems development
- Providing technical advisement in support of manufacturing, quality control, and maintenance activities
- Running and maintaining project portfolio and work metrics, departmental data, and technical reports to effectively communicate as appropriate
- Creating, maintaining, and approving SOPs and SDLC documents
- Have the demonstrated ability to mentor and empower a team of automation professionals to deliver results under demanding timelines and situations
- Can organize and present technical overviews to engineering staff, multi-functional departments, and management independently while influencing desired courses of action
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Are able to communicate across all levels and capable of effectively meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Have the skills to balance changing priorities with increasing workload by making timely decisions and delegating tasks
- Possess an understanding of bioprocessing and testing software, cGMP software quality system principles, and data integrity regulations
- Are highly skilled in developing and editing Software Lifecycle Documentation, design documents, technical evaluations, and test plan documentation while applying the requirements for cGMP and following GAMP 5 guidelines
- Consistently maintain professionalism in communication, maintaining composure in high-pressure situations
- Strive for compliance with regulatory, corporate, and site-specific policies and procedures
To be considered for the Senior Manager Automation position, you must have a BS/BA in engineering, computer science or related field and 8+ years of experience in design, configuration, administration, and management of software, databases and computerized systems or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least 5 years of supervisory experience. Prior experience within a pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility is strongly preferred. Familiarity with PLC, HMI, historian and product testing software preferred.
#LI-HybridDoes this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$119,000.00 - $194,200.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert