Associate Director, Corporate Counsel - Contracts
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sleepy Hollow, New York
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
As a member of the Contracts Group in the Regeneron Law Department’s Transactions Law Group, this attorney will handle the review of vendor agreements and contracts relating to our Corporate Functions and Commercial / Sales organization. The responsibilities will include managing the contract process and agreements relating to business operations and partnerships across human resources, technology and data, consulting agreements, healthcare professionals and third-party access agreements. The level of counseling requires an understanding of life sciences and general business transactions and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills.
As an Associate Director, Corporate Counsel a typical day may include:
- Drafting, negotiating and bringing to execution agreements critical to our Corporate Functions and Commercial businesses, including: Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Finance, Marketing, etc.. This may include vendor agreements with public relations and advertising agencies and other service providers, patient advocacy, media purchasing, social media influencers, market access, speakers and healthcare professionals.
- Partnering with other Law Department attorneys on specialized subject matter and advancing resolutions and / or issues as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively with the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team on contract negotiations.
- Helping manage the overall contracting process needs of the client organizations.
- Advising internal clients on the company’s contracts policies and practices and support the continuous improvement of the department’s contract management system. This may include the development of new or improved templates and tools to enhance the efficiency of the contracting process.
- Advising clients regarding all aspects of contract law and related areas.
This role may be for you if you have:
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
- A strong attention to detail and appetite for learning
- The ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining strong partnerships with the client organizations.
- A history of working independently on projects, while meeting bold deadlines and prioritizing multiple matters.
- The ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry a plus.
To be considered for this role you must possess a BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials. Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel is preferred. 3 to 6 years of legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, with some experience or familiarity with biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and/or healthcare being helpful.Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$165,900.00 - $270,700.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert