- South San Francisco, California
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Administration, Information Technology, Applications/Technical Support, Project/Program Management, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
Responsible for managing the internal information systems function. Receives assignments in the form of higher level objectives with goals. Analyzes the needs of functional departments and establishes detail level objectives, goals and priorities for implementing IS solutions to support functional initiatives and/ or provide ongoing support of information systems already deployed. Provides direction to technically skilled employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting of objectives. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules. Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc. Provides general supervision to lower level supervisors and direct supervision to exempt employees and/or technically skilled nonexempt employees (i.e., computer operators).
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources. Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to lower-level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations etc).
- Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organizational literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Implements strategies for introducing and implementing new technologies, systems, and processes.
Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience.
- Monitors progress of exempt individuals, teams, supervisors or nonexempt technical individuals toward departmental goals.
- Monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit.
- Monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments.
- Facilitates others involvement in the continuous improvement program; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within the assigned unit.
Applicable to California Applicants Only The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is 135k to 175k This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees. Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert