Associate Director, US Business Compliance
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Associate Director, Compliance will possess working knowledge of AbbVie's business, the current compliance environment and the broader business impact of compliance issues to develop and provide solution-oriented compliance guidance related to AbbVie's compliance program for the company's Oncology Therapeutic Area. The Associate Director will also provide direct oversight for moderate to complex elements of AbbVie's compliance program at the therapeutic area, business unit, functional or corporate level.
This position is preferred to be based onsite in our Illinois HQ (3 days onsite, 2 remote each week), but other locations may be considered.
The Associate Director, Compliance may perform the following with limited supervision from the Compliance Director, Oncology:
- Partners with all levels of key business functions to provide moderate to complex OEC and functional policy interpretation and provide guidance on the requirements.
- Conducts compliance risk assessments, trend analysis and provides recommendations for compliant business activities.
- Conducts moderate to complex policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and functional procedures ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance.
- Develops, delivers and updates OEC' s comprehensive training program on moderate to complex OEC and functional policies and procedures, including the Operating Procedures for Program Funding and AbbVie's Code of Business Conduct, as well as the current compliance environment.
- Develops, implements, modifies, and assists with corporate and/or functional monitoring plans and any corrective actions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists OEC Director/ECO on compliance audits, when necessary, such as overseeing the fulfillment of auditors' requests and acting as a liaison between the business and auditors during on site activities. Expected to evaluate and help respond to moderate to complex preliminary audit findings and recommendations, and to guide the business in preparing corrective action(s) to address moderate to complex findings and recommendations, and work with the business to ensure timely completion.
- Provides guidance on proposed business strategies and programs, identifies moderate to complex legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with legal and other functions, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of AbbVie's business, the current compliance environment, and the broader business impact.
- Participates in and may lead moderate to complex cross-functional OEC programs.
- BA/BS required. CPA, Master's, JD, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert