Business Excellence Director - Allergan PPM
- Irvine, California
- Start date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
AA PPM Business Excellence Director
- Aesthetics PPM Business Excellence Director provides department operations leadership and oversight of critical processes and project management initiatives to enable and promote best project management practices and continuous improvement within the Aesthetics Portfolio Program Management (PPM) function.
- Ensures seamless operation in conjunction with broad organizational processes and systems and champions effective partnership with supporting organizations.
Business Operational and Process Excellence
- Is an operational partner to Global Head of Aesthetics Portfolio Program Management and AA Portfolio Program Management Leadership Team.
- Is accountable for Allergan Aesthetics PPM business processes. Manages, maintains and drives key internal business processes in alignment with broader AbbVie PPM, while ensuring processes are adapted and optimized for Aesthetics business needs. This may include (not limited to):
- Annual R&D Portfolio planning
- Target approval and launch date management for portfolio
- Project financial management procedures for project managers
- Annual AA R&D goals and goal performance
- Supports resource management initiatives to address Aesthetics business needs, in alignment and collaboration with supporting strategic resourcing function
- Oversees the Aesthetics product development model as a component of larger AbbVie PCM: Growth Product Flow stage gate process and the aesthetics governance process. Ensures these are effective withefficient with minimum essential yet effective process steps. Maintains guidance documents for accuracy, applicability and continuous improvements. Ensures orgnizational awareness through access and training.
- Acts as a general liason and ensures collaborative relationship with PPM R&D Performance Solutions for:
- Project and portfolio management system (AMP) and standard portfolio and project reports with alignment to Aesthetics business needs
- Effective utilization of Asset Planners to support asset project management with excellent planning and reporting capabilities
- Subject matter expert for AA PPM functional resource model and levelling and a go to AA PPM SME for harmonized best practices for AA RD resource capacity tools and management. Partners with AA PPM LT for AA PPM function resource leveling.
- Sets agenda and prepares department staff meetings and department leadership team meetings
- Partners with Global Head of PPM and Leadership Team to develop, communicate, and build consensus for operational goals or business excellence initiatives, including cross-functional programs, to create best in class project and portfolio management capability. May participate in or lead initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/S or MA/S in a scientific or business field required.
- MBA preferred.
- 8-12 years’ experience in medical device or pharmaceutical R&D environment, including cross-functional and global project team leadership experience.
- 7 or more years independent experience leading a function, significant component of a function, or global project team required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with broad business orientation.
- Excellent cross-functional influencing and negotiating skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Extensive experience interacting independently with Executive Management on strategic, tactical, and confidential issues that have both immediate and long-term business impacts.
- Ability to effectively represent and evaluate strategies for Project and Portfolio Program Management
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:·The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future. ·We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees ·This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs. ·This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert