Senior Production Engineer - Bulk, System Owner
- CSL Behring
- Kankakee, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Supply Chain
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
CSL Behring in Kankakee, Illinois has grown into a global biotechnology leader, motivated by that same promise to save and improve lives. We offer the broadest range of quality plasma-derived and recombinant therapies in our industry. We have recently been awarded America's Best Employers for 2022 by Forbes magazine
Provide leadership and support to meet the maintenance needs of manufacturing specifically compliance, quality, time, and budget. This position supports a culture of continuous improvement by researching, proposing, and implementing measures to drive innovation, reduce wastes, and apply engineering principles/knowledge to continuously improve safety, technical compliance, equipment, and process reliability.
Role that this position reports to: Sr. Manager, Maintenance Services per Value Stream
Role/s that report to this position: None
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Ensures the development and integration of new equipment or innovative technology. Drives LEAN and continuous improvement initiatives in production and analyze our current manufacturing operations to locate inefficiencies and the elimination of “non-value added” activities.
Conducts studies on engineering proposals to develop designs for process improvements, equipment redesigns, facility improvements and new equipment installation, utilizing and applying engineering principles, research data and proposed project specifications.
2. Proactively implements recommended optimizations and adjustments of production facilities and equipment including self-reliant assurance of GMP compliance (change management, qualification, and validation activities).
3. Must spend significant time “on the floor” across all operational shifts.
Hands-on experience in manufacturing engineering solutions, developing processes, debug, and failure analyses.
4. Participates actively and collaboratively as a member of the operations team offering recommendations and ideas where appropriate.
5. Supports the coordination and planning of shutdown activities in regard to equipment and maintenance activities.
6. Supports Project Delivery department by providing input to all new projects for their department and actively engages in manufacturing, standard work, layout, validation, preventive maintenance, etc. discussions and reviews with consideration of cGMP compliance and Safety.
7. Oversees and provides support to Production Engineers in their daily work and maintenance planning for Operations. This work includes, but is not limited to:
Maximizes efficiency/OEE (Operational Equipment Effectiveness), yield, output, & capacity of the systems.
Supports updates to maintenance and calibration plans.
Provides analysis of equipment inspections and failures, developing repair and replacement plans on existing plant equipment.
Presents obsolesce of system parts and components that can impact safety, quality, and reliability.
Develops end-of-life replacement plans for the system to ensure reliable supply to our patients.
Collaborates with local and global partners to develop strategic asset management plan that includes capital requests.
Works collaboratively with multiple functional areas, Manufacturing, QA, QC Labs, EHS, Process Engineering among others.
8. In the absence of Production Engineers, provides support to Value Streams related to daily business.
9. Strictly complies with requirements from CSL Behring’s Safety Program and procedures, including Health and Safety mandates, PPE requirements, and OSHA requirements. Responsible to immediately remove hazards and risks where possible by yourself or inform your supervisor as soon as possible. With your actions you contribute to achieving our safety goals and you play an active part in improving our safety and our safety culture.
10. Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the CSL Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, and Superior Performance.
11. Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree may be considered dependent upon experience.
Experience in similar functions within the pharmaceutical industry and/or plant engineering, machine engineering or process engineering in pharmaceutical, food or chemical industry is required. Knowledge in plant maintenance and manufacturing processes
BS and 6+ yrs of relevant experience or MS and 4+ yrs of relevant experience.
Proficient knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Experienced to act as a situational leader for internal and external customers.
Strong audit and investigation skills, report writing skills.
Ability to develop cohesive presentations
Strong verbal, technical writing and interpersonal skills are required.
Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office applications, Trackwise, SAP, other)
Must possess a strong knowledge of the FDA and cGMP standards as well as regulatory guidance documents.
Knowledge of multiple problem-solving methods (i.e., Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiment, Fish Bone Analysis, 8D, etc.)
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act.About Us
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert