Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a Sr. Network & Systems Admin to join our growing South San Francisco team! This position is based in South San Francisco.
The Network & Systems Administrator role is responsible for providing recommendations, subsequent design, and execution of network and systems infrastructure and security initiatives for Vaxart. The successful candidate will be experienced in developing plans to safeguard corporate infrastructure and intellectual property from unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Experienced in performing periodic penetration scan and mitigations as needed. They will also possess broad technical skills with the ability to implement new networks, servers/resources, firewalls, and other security devices across the organization. Provide proactive monitoring of the environment and increase awareness of current and critical security alerts throughout the company.
- Assists in the definition of the strategy and technology roadmap for Network Architecture, assess and deliver enterprise level, highly available technical solutions on-premises and cloud-based.
- Provides day to day support of network and security infrastructure, including network and security incident identification, analysis through to resolution.
- Provides day to day support of server/systems infrastructure for on-premise and cloud-based resources.
- Documents network and infrastructure including configuration, security measures, backup measures and change management.
- Leads complex projects that impact the company through its entire lifecycle; from planning and design, corporate communications, testing to delivery and support.
- Ongoing testing and checking of our systems for weaknesses in design, software, and hardware.
- The IT group is small, ability to assist in all types of ServiceDesk assistance to end users will be required intermittently.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the VP, IT.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or IT or a combination of education and applicable experience.
- 5 years’ experience with ownership responsibilities for network infrastructure and security stack.
- Ability to document Network, Systems, Server architecture and functional design; build testing, validation controls.
- Experience managing, implementing, and installing firewalls, routers, switches, and servers.
- Expert level Cisco-Meraki skill set.
- Experience with virtualized environments such as VMWare.
- Experience with cloud-based networks/infrastructure (AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services)
- Experience with MS-365 systems.
- Experience with Okta, Azure and/or other SSO systems.
- Able to analyze network traffic to debug and resolve issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Ability to communicate and report network security incidents and issues to management.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods.
- Network/OS certifications preferred such as CCNP/CCNE, MSCE, Linux.
- Preferred but not required: CISSP, CISM, MCSE, AWS or Azure.
- Must be available to work onsite at our offices in South San Francisco.
In accordance with California’s Pay Transparency law, Vaxart’s base salary range for this position is approximately $115,000 - $140,000 USD per year. The actual salary for this role will vary based on a variety of factors including education, job-related knowledge, and experience. This range does not include equity, benefits, bonuses, or other non-monetary compensation which may be included.
Vaxart has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Vaxart will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. Vaxart prioritizes sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of our employees and the community.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a robust health plan, bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work-life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, and layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS AND STAFFING AGENCIES: Vaxart, Inc. has an internal recruiting department. Vaxart may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ("Agency"). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Vaxart employees directly to present candidates – Vaxart’s recruiting team or other authorized Vaxart personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers.
To protect the interests of all parties, Vaxart will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Vaxart, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Vaxart mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Vaxart employees, or to Vaxart's resume database will be considered Vaxart property. Vaxart will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Vaxart will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
The Agency must obtain advance written approval from Vaxart's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Vaxart will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Vaxart or their designee. No other Vaxart employee is authorized to bind Vaxart to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Vaxart hereby specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of a Vaxart officer.