Senior Research/Principal Scientist - LCMS
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Richmond, VA
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioCapital, Best Places to Work
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
Our PPD® Laboratory Services team has a direct impact on improving patient health through the expertise of scientists, industry thought-leaders and therapeutic guides. As the world leader in serving science, our laboratory professionals bring their dedication to accuracy and quality to deliver groundbreaking innovations.
- Department: Chromatography R&D
- Location: Richmond, VA - Lab Based
- Notes: Full-time, Benefits, Annual Bonus, 401k Match, PTO, Relocation Assistance Available
Conducts and provides technical mentorship on scientific method development and validation projects and/or other specialty technologies studies OR performs troubleshooting for own and others instruments, methods, procedures, and in writing protocols and reports. Designs and implements method development/validation and/or extractable/leachable studies independently and interprets and reviews analytical data for self and others OR designs and performs multiple stability and inhalation procedures as well as assists others in performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting on multiple instruments (GC, ICP-MS, LC/MS, GC/MS etc.) and multiple detection techniques (UV, FL, CAD, ELSD, IC etc.), methods and procedures. Routinely acts as the technical project leader for multiple projects, provide updates, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols.A day in the Life:
- Coordinates all aspects of managing / method development and validation and specialty service areas within the division.
- Supervises and assists senior technical staff in laboratory operations such as scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues.
- Works with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements.
- Plans, advises and implements improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, quality and technical expertise in the laboratory.
- Assists division director in strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation
#SponCRGEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification (degree in life science preferred)
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years’ for Principal Scientist, or 10+ years for Sr Research Scientist) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- OR Master’s degree and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 10+ years for Principal Scientist, 8+ years for Sr Research Scientist)
- OR PhD (preferred) and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 8+ years for Principal Scientist, or 6 years for Sr Research Scientist)
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical capabilities with analytical expertise in method development and/or specialty technology
- Experience with LCMS-MS, triple quad
- Experience with antibody drug conjugates preferred
- Small and large molecule devleopment experience, hybrid LBA experience preferred
- Understanding of LCMS drug discovery
- Knowledge of Immunoaffinity capture techniques
- Strong extraction techniques with biological matrices
- Previous experience in a GLP supervised environment
- Strong assay development experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to drive implementation of new systems or enhance existing ones
- Able to supervise a small team of scientists
- Proven track record to implement change based on analysis of root causes, need, and experience and drive cross-function SOP changes
- Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
- Proven track record to identify and implement common efficiencies across multiple programs/projects
Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Accessibility/Disability Access
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
Our global team delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Stock Symbol: TMO
168 Third Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert