At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.Location/Division Specific Information
Our Associate Scientist is an office-based role located in Richmond, Virginia. This is a full time position with benefits including relocation assistance, 401k matching, paid time off, education reimbursement, and more!Discover Impactful Work:
As an Associate Scientist, you will use innovative technologies to perform high-quality sample testing for key pharmaceutical clients across the industry.A day in the Life:
- Performs routine to complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
- Problem solves with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Leads QC/QA responsibilities without supervisor or QA input.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers.
Keys to Success:Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in life science related field and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 1+ years).
- In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered enough for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Ability to understand and independently apply GMP and/or GLP to everyday work with regard to documentation and instrument use
- Experience with Hamilton - STAR, STARlet, Nimbus or TECAN preferred
- Use Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Independently optimize analytical methods
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.