Senior Manager, Commercial Operations - Drug Product
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Marketing, Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the commercial and business strategy of Emergent’s drug product (DP) services within the CDMO business unit.
- Influences the competitive positioning and value proposition, service offerings, and pricing strategy for DP services.
- Collaborates closely with other colleagues within Commercial Operations and the CDMO business unit in addition to cross-functional partners and site-based operations teams to establish an integrated molecule-to-market CDMO service offering.
- As the internal expert in DP service offerings, plays a critical role in supporting the Sales & BD team in the identification, evaluation, and acquisition of DP business opportunities.
- Provides guidance and direction during the evaluation and proposal process, customer due diligence visits, and contract negotiations to ensure that new business opportunities support Emergent’s overall CDMO strategy and growth targets.
- Supports demand planning in collaboration with finance and operations.
- Guides the business acquisition process for new DP projects.
- Contributes to the development of the commercial and business strategy for the DP service offering.
- Closely aligns with operational partners at DP manufacturing sites across the Emergent CDMO network.
- Influences pricing and contract negotiation terms and conditions related to DP services.
- Collaborates with the proposal generation team to draft, review, and finalize proposals for DP services.
- Actively represent Emergent at trade shows and conferences and through membership in industry organizations.
- Provides routine updates to CDMO leadership and operational leaders at Emergent’s DP manufacturing facilities regarding the progress of new business acquisition, the overall DP portfolio, and forward-looking projections on revenue/profitability for DP services.
- Engages with the CDMO marketing team to contribute to the marketing strategy for the DP portfolio.
- Sources, evaluates, organizes, and presents relevant market intelligence on clients, competitors, and industry trends related to Emergent’s DP offering.
- Integralto the governance of customer relationships for the DP portfolio.
- Contract negotiation skills
- Strong cross-functional team player, interfacing with commercial and operational colleagues to drive new business acquisition and growth of existing client portfolios
- Experience in client-facing interactions and managing/shaping client expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent time management, organization skills, and ability to multi-task required.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a related scientific/technical field (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Engineering required. Advanced scientific and/or business degree strongly preferred (e.g. M.S., Ph.D., M.B.A.)
- At least 7+ years of experience in the biologics CDMO industry with specific focus on selling/supporting/developing drug product manufacturing services for mammalian and/or viral platforms/technologies. Experience with advanced therapies (e.g. mRNA, nanoparticles) is a plus.
- Commercial experience in sales/business development, project management, marketing, or similar is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on strategic business plans and commercialization strategies.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and drug product processes through coursework and/or prior work experience.
- Experience with assessment and implementation of new service offerings in a CDMO environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Domestic and international travel to Emergent manufacturing facilities and industry trade shows and events.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert