Biological Processing Technician I - Downstream Purification
- Andelyn Biosciences
- Columbus, OH
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Process, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
It’s an exciting time to join us!
The Andelyn Biosciences’ Manufacturing group is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team as a Biological Processing - Downstream Purification Technician.
The GMP Operations Support Technician is responsible for learning and supporting aspects of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and the production of Viral Vectors. Working in collaboration with the Manager of GMP Operations and staff, the Technician will provide hands-on assistance for all day-to-day vector production including materials management, documentation, and facility and equipment maintenance and cleaning. A Technician will support production efforts to deliver products in a timely, compliant, and fiscally responsible fashion by following appropriate practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for manufacturing biological products.
Schedule: Full-time (Benefits Eligible)
Location: Central Campus
575 Children's Crossroads
Columbus, OH 43205
Under the guidance and direction of the Operations Manager or Supervisor, essential functions include at a minimum:
- Supports GMP resources and supply chain by ordering & maintaining materials inventory to meet production goals
- Supports daily operational activities related to the GMP manufacturing of biological products
- Performs the cleaning and of facility equipment and systems as specified in SOPs and stocking consumables
- Works in close collaboration with GMP Management to ensure continuous improvement objectives are identified and met using metrics and other statistical means
- Works in collaboration with GMP Management and Staff to cultivate and enact the strategic direction of the GMP area as well as provide input on project timelines
- Respond to, and take action from, alarm notifications from the applicable monitoring system(s) for laboratory temperature-controlled storage units that occur at any point during the assigned period of responsibility
- Exercise discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Attention to detail in all job functions
- Performs in accordance with established policies, procedures, and techniques and requires training common experience or working knowledge related to the tasks performed
- Performs tasks as assigned
- Works under close supervision of senior staff and leadership
- Work in a diverse and collaborative team environment utilizing clear communication to deliver high productivity
- Documentation of all activities performed according to SOPs
- Learning technical and professional skills
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Must possess High School Diploma/Equivalent
- No minimum experience
- Background in the life sciences, biotechnology, or gene therapy industries beneficial
- Experience in highly regulated field beneficial
- Excellent communication, organization, skills
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Must possess a client-focused mindset in daily tasks
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Occasionally Sitting
- Frequently Walking/Standing/Stooping
- Frequently Independently lifting up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally Talking on the phone or in-person
- Occasionally Typing on a computer keyboard
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Andelyn Biosciences is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Andelyn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Andelyn Biosciences is currently operating under Executive Order 14042 which requires that employees of federal contractors and its affiliates be vaccinated against COVID-19, with some limited exemptions under the law. As Andelyn is both an affiliate and will be a federal contractor, proof of vaccination status will be required prior to the first date of employment. Religious and medical exemptions may be considered depending upon the specific job duties and in accordance with applicable federal guidelines.
Andelyn Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical CDMO Pioneering Solutions That Turn Hope into Reality™. With 20+ years of experience manufacturing viral vectors, Andelyn's scientific expertise for development and characterization has led to GMP material being produced for over 75+ worldwide clinical trials and 400+ cGMP clinical batches. Advanced quality systems, full regulatory support, and supply chain vertical integration help accelerate the development and manufacturing of innovative therapies to bring more treatments to more patients. The name "Andelyn" is a hybrid of two gene therapy pioneers who participated in pivotal Phase I clinical trials at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Andrew received the first U.S. investigational gene therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy in 2006. Evelyn received experimental gene therapy for spinal muscular atrophy in 2015. "Andelyn" combines their names, representing all the families who have courageously participated in the research that make today's gene therapies possible. Continuing Andelyn's patient-based mission, the company is opening two state-of-the-art commercial manufacturing and development sites. The Dublin-based Andelyn Development Center is set to open in May 2022 and will house Andelyn's preclinical and development services. The 185,000 square foot Andelyn Corporate Center located on The Ohio State University's Innovation District will open for production in mid-2022.
1180 Arthur E. Adams Dr.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert