Sr Oncology Nurse Educator- Southeast
United States - Florida - Miami
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead's mission is to discover, develop and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of patients with life-threatening illnesses worldwide. As a Sr Oncology Nurse Educator in the Oncology Franchise, you will utilize your clinical acumen to provide on-label education across multiple therapeutic areas to community and academic accounts and nurse focused societies on disease state and product knowledge for the purpose of supporting appropriate patient management strategies for patients on Gilead therapies.
This unique opportunity supports the Southeast
. The region consists of Florida and lower Georgia.
This includes non-misleading information of the general application to accounts, including but not limited to:
- Product MOA
- Clinical data
- Dosing guidelines for on-label uses of Gilead products
- Administration guidelines for on-label uses of Gilead products
- Education regarding the safety and efficacy of Gilead products
- Education regarding disease state and symptom management
- On-label education to non-physician health care providers (e.g., Nurse Practitioners) and health care professionals (e.g., Nurses, pharmacists) to support the treatment of patients and support the safe and effective use of Gilead products
- Apply Oncology Nurse Educator role-specific knowledge to engage in clinical discussions around product and disease state content, terminology, and concepts with customers
- Deliver education in an accurate, succinct, and impactful way that engages audience and meets the needs of the individual account and always within the guidelines of the role of the Oncology Nurse Educator
- Demonstrate deep insight into customer, geographical, and healthcare industry challenges
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various customer segments (e.g. different nursing specialties) and environments (e.g. Community Oncology, Academic Institutions)
- Build credibility and trust during customer interactions by gaining an understanding of individual operational and decision-making processes, standards of care, priorities, potential changes in needs, and patient management challenges
- Consider the patient journey and account educational needs and utilize approved Gilead resources to address these needs
- Develop meaningful educational account plans with clear objectives, actions, responsibilities, timelines, and allocation of resources
- Demonstrate commitment to the One Oncology key account management process by appropriately engaging cross-functional team members in a highly integrated way through sharing of perspectives and linking customer needs and insights
- Develop and execute a routing plan to maximize time and impact in the field
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor presentations to different sized audiences and levels of clinical expertise
- Maintain the highest level of professional standards in all interactions with internal colleagues and external customers and other business contacts and always within the expectations of the role of Oncology Nurse Educator
- Demonstrate sound judgment regarding utilization of time and financial resources, such as travel and expenses
- Complete all necessary administrative tasks promptly (e.g., updating customer database, expenses, etc.)
Associates Degree and Twelve Years' Experience and Active RN
Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience and Active RN
Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience and Active RN
Ph.D. and Active RN
- Ability to engage in travel as may be reasonably required, including regular travel within the assigned area (and, to the extent applicable, satisfaction of any requirements associated with such travel) including overnights and occasional weekend travel
- Satisfaction of any onsite visitation requirements of healthcare facilities within an assigned area, if applicable (which may include but not be limited to, by way of example, vaccinations, drug and background screenings, and any other requirements that certain healthcare facilities may adopt).
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Oncology Nurse Certification (OCN)
- Current RN License in good standing within territory applied for
- 3 years clinical hematology/oncology experience
- 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience as an Oncology Nurse Educator
- Strong oral, written, and virtual communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with autonomy and independently with discretion and judgment without regular direct supervision
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point)
The salary range for this position is: $157,165.00 - $203,390.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.