Senior Scientist 1, Research Biology (Oncology)
- Eikon Therapeutics
- Hayward, California
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biology, Biotechnology, Oncology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Senior Scientist, Research Biology (Oncology) joining Eikon, you will be an essential part of an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies and drug discovery processes. You’ll play a key role in advancing drug pipeline, developing target strategies, and executing insightful biology studies for multiple drug discovery programs with a focus in oncology. You’ll be collaborating and working closely with a team of biologists, chemists, and engineering experts.
You’re a biology thought leader with great critical thinking and strategic planning skills, a rigorous experimentalist with meticulous attention to details. Someone who is conscientious, organized, and have an ability to see the “big picture”, passionate about drug discovery and finding effective treatments for patients. Collaborative by nature and are happy to help. Someone who enjoys mentoring research associates and junior scientists. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible
What you’ll do
- Actively contribute to the conception, initiation, and progress of oncology target discovery to enrich Eikon’s portfolio
- Serve as a leading research biology representative on project teams to help advance preclinical drug discovery activities
- Effectively execute and manage the progress of key cell biology and/or biochemical studies (e.g., in target validation, MoA) to provide critical insights and advance small molecule discovery projects
- Contribute to the identification and initiation of research activities to broaden and strengthen oncology research capabilities within the group
- Work across multiple projects and efficiently manage competing priorities
- Effectively mentor/supervise research associates and junior scientists
- Present key scientific findings and progress to project teams and senior management
- Actively collaborate and effectively communicate across a diverse research team to successfully progress scientific goals
- Postdoc fellowship with 2 years, Ph.D plus 5 years or Master's plus 14 years of relevant industry experience with a degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Strong technical expertise in standard cell and molecular biology techniques, e.g. mammalian cell culture, PCR, RT-qPCR, WB, fluorescent imaging, flow cytometry, transfection and transduction, etc.
- Deep knowledge and years of hands-on experience in oncology target discovery and/or drug discovery, with a strong familiarity with genetic and pharmacological studies, functional genomics or other omics approaches, development and optimization of standard or complex in vitro or ex vivo cancer models to understand MoA of compounds
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, and strategic planning skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and build open collaborative relationships is essential
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $130,000 to $150,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is a pioneering drug discovery and development company that leverages superior engineering and high-performance computing to analyze single molecule protein behavior in living cells. We are engineering a battery of innovative tools and technologies for biological exploration in drug discovery and beyond.
Eikon thrives on the energy and creativity of interdisciplinary teams. We are physicists and chemists, biologists and engineers. We spend our days context-switching between multiple scientific languages. We work with lasers, super-resolution microscopes, and robot arms. We leverage machine learning, cell line engineering, and the collective intelligence of world-class scientists and technologists to observe therapeutically relevant biology in a way no one has before.
We’re endlessly curious, intellectually honest and we love what we do. We’re driven to learn the true mechanisms of biology and pharmacology at the molecular level, to make the biggest difference in as many lives as possible.
3929 Point Eden Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert