Pilot Line Senior Engineering Manager
- Eikon Therapeutics
- Hayward, California
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Pilot Line Senior Engineering Manager will develop and drive the production plan for the Hayward Pilot Line. To support this, you will develop and implement design configuration management processes for our internal microscopes and for instrument production, material management for components and sub-systems and help initiate manufacturing optimization and improvement efforts. You will also lead the recruitment of engineers and technicians for the pilot line, and plan for the new space that will be dedicated to the Pilot Line.
You are an experienced Engineering Manager. You have experience assembling and testing opto-mechanical, electro-optical or electro-optical-mechanical systems in an industrial setting. You are proactive, intellectually curious, and demonstrate a growth mindset. You have strong communication skills, are team-oriented, and adaptable to rapidly evolving goals and challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Manufacturing engineering: drive development of efficient and cost-effective manufacturing processes. Improve cycle times, quality, yield and reduce rework.
- Develop the Pilot Line team: teach and mentor team and others with respect to Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes and lean concepts. Conduct performance reviews, provide feedback. Lead the recruitment and hiring of staff for the Pilot Line. Foster a motivating and collaborative environment.
- Material management: organize a working view of inventory and WIP for components and sub-assemblies. Develop and implement processes that ensure the quality and timeliness of component and sub-assembly availability that support the production plan. Develop Material Review Board (MRB) and process for managing non-conforming material.
- Production planning: organize production-related information such as production schedule, cycle time, status, and issues. Lead and run coordination activities (meetings, processes) needed to support the production plan. Work with IT on supporting infrastructure (e.g., Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other integrations) as needed.
- Quality management: develop incoming inspection procedures, create and drive Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) process, communicate with stakeholders regarding issues. Drive continual improvement processes using relevant methodologies. Ensure compliance to relevant ISO and regulatory standards.
- Vendor management: coordinate with vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of materials used in manufacturing. Seek cost-savings where practical. Develop and work with manufacturing partners where appropriate.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (including design engineering, operations, program management, research) during new product introduction.
- B.S. or M.S. in Optical, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or related field with 8+ years of industry experience or Ph.D. with 5+ year of industry experience.
- 2+ years of experience directly managing people.
- Proven track record of building custom electro-mechanical, opto-mechanical, or electro-optical-mechanical systems or components, preferably for volume manufacturing.
- Experience building and testing custom assemblies or components in volume manufacturing.
- Experience creating detailed work instructions and other productions documentation.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and familiarity with quality assurance techniques and manufacturing data.
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of tool design and typical assembly and test methods.
- Experience characterizing optical systems, building optical measurement setups, designing experiments, and statistical data analysis to determine optical performance and quality.
- Any modern programming language for data acquisition, signal, and image processing.
- Experience with automation.
- Experience with optical components and sub-systems, including fiber-optic assemblies and alignment, solid state, diode, and fiber lasers.
- Familiarity with microscopy.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $161,000 to $185,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is a pioneering drug discovery and development company that leverages superior engineering and high-performance computing to analyze single molecule protein behavior in living cells. We are engineering a battery of innovative tools and technologies for biological exploration in drug discovery and beyond.
Eikon thrives on the energy and creativity of interdisciplinary teams. We are physicists and chemists, biologists and engineers. We spend our days context-switching between multiple scientific languages. We work with lasers, super-resolution microscopes, and robot arms. We leverage machine learning, cell line engineering, and the collective intelligence of world-class scientists and technologists to observe therapeutically relevant biology in a way no one has before.
We’re endlessly curious, intellectually honest and we love what we do. We’re driven to learn the true mechanisms of biology and pharmacology at the molecular level, to make the biggest difference in as many lives as possible.
3929 Point Eden Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert