Director Strategy, Operations, and Sales Force Effectiveness
- Deerfield, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Marketing, Manufacturing & Production, Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Do you want to join a team where the mission is meaningful, the challenges are complex, and you can directly see the results of your hard work? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
Remote opportunity - open to candidates anywhere in the greater United States
The Director of Strategy, Operations and Sales Force Effectiveness will serve as a strategic partner and subject matter expert to the Neurology BU Head, VP Sales, and Regional Business Directors. Primary responsibilities include contributing to the salesforce strategy as it relates to deployment, data management, upskilling, key training priorities and meetings, monitoring and KPI development. This role will also provide strategic decision-making support, program ownership and sales pull through, as it relates to all cross-functional stakeholders. This role is the key point of contact and represents salesforce leadership in influencing and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure effectiveness in sales execution, sales force targeting and account management plans. Key driver in developing salesforce incentives, utilizing business analytics and reporting, and maximizing value. Provides expert insight into capability development, sales training, culture building and change management, and compliance in partnership with cross-functional teams and projects. This position is key to providing analysis and pull through of Neurology BU strategic Vyepti initiatives. Additional responsibilities include development of channel strategies (e.g. hospital), launch readiness, execution for future products, and other duties as assigned.
Sales Force Strategy /Performance Assessment
- Serves as a subject matter expert in sales force strategy and performance assessments by ongoing evaluation of both internal and external data sources. Sales force KPI creation and maintenance oversight, as well as implementation of best practice learnings across the sales force. Provides perspective and feedback on current state of sales force strategy to Regional Business Directors, VP Sales and Neurology BU Head of Neurology and other key stakeholders as appropriate. Key contributor to the market analysis “story”.
Commercial Operations and Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE)
- Incentive Compensation-Facilitates and develops optimal Incentive Compensation plans in collaboration with Sales Operations, carefully assessing data sources to determine performance including appropriate data feeds. Develops business rules for exception processes needed for performance evaluation. Ongoing assessment of current and future “SPIFFs” providing analysis and recommendations of sales contests to drive optimal performance and motivation.
- Sales reporting and dashboard management- Ensures appropriate data collection and reporting functionality within the CRM tool, provides guidance and direction in the creation of marketing materials and training in coordination with Brand, market access and training teams. Interprets key reporting and disseminating data analysis, ensuring incentive compensation reporting is aligned with the data analysis. Leads data integration efforts from new data sources and leads innovation of new data sources.
- Best Practice Sharing- Leads and reports on results from cross-functional meetings and may lead sub teams. Proactively collects key insights from the salesforce through liaising with Sales/Marketing/Market Access operations team members for other analytics. Responsible for assessing execution and successfully communicating adjustments to plans and expectations.
- Launch - Works collaboratively with sales operations, brand and market research leadership to identify the future opportunities within new and existing channels. Develops sales strategy consistent with organizational needs, identifies and organizes potential targets through effective vendor management and data analysis; may negotiate and manage specific contracts for identified hospital systems and other channels.
- Contract Sales Organization (CSO)- Proactively evaluates, plans and implements CSO if necessary and monitors the execution of its strategy by providing feedback and performance metrics to senior leadership on its effectiveness. Partners with CSO to ensure CSO and Lundbeck contractual obligations are being met.
Foster Performance Culture
- Culture Building and Team Integration- Deliver ideas and execute plans that will bring the sales team together and foster a high performing and accountable culture,
- Partnership with Sales Training- Drives neurology sales training and meeting priorities in collaboration with training department for POA meeting planning and execution as well as new hire training. In addition, monitors and assesses pull through on POA objectives and brand initiatives by executing field rides, reviewing field coaching reports and obtaining feedback from training and sales leadership. Collaborates with multiple stakeholders in the design of various sales meetings and events.
- Brand/Business Planning- Guides the brand/business planning process for Area Sales Managers and Regional Business Directors across all Neurology brands by communicating expectations, developing templates, coordinating logistics across brands/people, and reporting findings to maximize potential.
- Facilitates neurology sales performance management processes and data in partnership with Human Resources
- Proactively advocates to ensure full and complete compliance of all selling activities within Neurology to Lundbeck standards and to all state and federal regulations and helps to ensure compliance related initiatives, training, field rides are executed well.
- Complies with the letter and spirit of all State and Federal laws, regulations, and guidance as well as PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Lundbeck standards and policies relating to all promotional activities. Ensures all related SOPs are maintained and adhered to.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or life science industries within commercial roles of increasingly responsibility
- Sales effectiveness experience; such as, sales operations, KPI development, sales execution, sales analysis
- Experience participating in the design and evaluation of sales incentive compensation plans
- Experience designing and maintaining sales performance dashboards and reporting for use by front line to executives
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Direct experience in account targeting exercises and data clean up
- Ability to successfully work in a matrix organization
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Infusion / Biologic related experience; required understanding of complexities of infusion distribution and reimbursement landscape
- New product launch experience
- Market Access experience
- Experience working with specialty pharmacies and biologic distributors with an infused product
- CSO management experience
- Marketing management, sales training management, or additional home office experiences
- Experience working with sales teams selling direct to hospitals
- Direct experience working with HUB services and patient access programs and understands the complexities of data dissemination and integration through those processes
- Knowledge of channel partners’ dynamics for infusion and how this relates to overall pricing strategy
- Contract experience with Hospitals, SPs, Alternate sites of care, GPOs and HCPs
- Direct team management experience
- Willingness to travel up to 50% domestically. International travel may be required.
The range displayed is a national range, and if selected for this role, may vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s geographical location, qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. Salary Pay Range: $200,000 - $235,000 and eligibility for a 25% bonus target based on company and individual performance, and eligibility to participate in the company’s long-term incentive plan. Benefits for this position include flexible paid time off (PTO), health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, and company match 401k. Additional benefits information can be found on our site.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
- Deerfield, IL - Lundbeck US Home Office
- LaJolla, CA - Lundbeck La Jolla Research Center, Inc.
- Bothell, WA - Lundbeck Seattle BioPharmaceuticals, Inc
Diversity matters, and inclusion creates powerful organizations To ensure that we reflect the diversity of our patients and their needs, we are focused on creating the context, culture, and systems where all Lundbeck employees - no matter who and where they are - can be their authentic self and perform at their best. In practice, this means that individuals feel empowered not despite their differences but because of them. We know that people are sometimes put into boxes - some of these boxes are of our own choosing and some of these boxes are chosen for us. For this reason, Lundbeck is taking a systematic, business-led approach to D&I that looks into and breaks down these boxes. Our bold action on inclusion includes an ambitious two-year plan that enables equality of opportunity through fairness and transparency, promotes openness, tackles bias and discrimination, and fosters belonging through our unique Lundbeck culture. From the highest levels of Lundbeck to the shop floor, we are working to ensure D&I is an integrated practice and mindset. "We win together. Lundbeck is a place where you grow and thrive – personally and professionally. We embrace the uniqueness of individuals, knowing we are stronger when every brain is in the game." Deborah Dunsire, CEO
Lundbeck offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, dental, vision effective day 1 of employment
• Generous vacation, sick leave, holiday shut down and company paid holidays
• 401k match with immediate vesting
• Parental Leave
• Hybrid work model for office-based roles
To view more details about our Benefits, please click on the link below.
Lundbeck 2023 Benefits Summary
Sustainable Development Goals
In 2020, we based the key aspects of our sustainability strategy on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We found we have a significant impact on seven of the 17 Goals:
• Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
• Goal 5: Gender Equality
• Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
• Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
• Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
• Goal 13: Climate Action
• Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
Key examples are Goal 3 that is closely linked to our corporate purpose and dedication to restore brain health and Goal 13 that drives our efforts to prepare for a zero emissions future. We will use our influence and act to promote Goals 5, 8, 12 and 16. Across our sustainability actions, we are seeking partnerships with others to enable change and maximize impact (Goal 17).
Who We Are
A highly specialized pharmaceutical company that has conducted neuroscience research for more than 70 years. We develop innovative treatments to restore brain health and transform the lives of millions of people worldwide.
What We Strive For
Global leadership in brain health. Whatever your area of specialization, you will be part of our company-wide commitment to develop and advance treatments that improve the lives of people with brain disease.
What Drives Us
A culture of innovation, collaboration, and respect. We inspire curiosity, expect integrity, and pursue our achievements through knowledge-sharing, patient engagement, and the passion to deliver our end goal.
Our Societal Commitment
We understand we carry a huge responsibility for the societies we serve, and use our knowledge and voice to raise awareness, challenge standards, and increase opportunities – for patients and each other. We are at the forefront of treatment innovation, and together we continue to make a difference to people living with brain diseases.
Our Investment in You
As one way we invest in your career, we offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefit package that matches benchmark and general market conditions in our individual business locations.
The success of our strategy, “Expand and Invest to Grow Lundbeck” hinges on our combined competencies – and competence hinges on highly qualified and motivated employees. Our Employee Satisfaction Survey (ESS) gives us the pulse on employee motivation by asking about key elements in our work lives including management, work climate and development opportunities. We follow up on the ESS with concrete initiatives aimed at maintaining our focus on our unique workplace culture and providing personalized and aligned development opportunities for our employees.
• Patient-driven We put patients at the center of our fight for health and human dignity.
• Courageous We dare to confront unsolved healthcare challenges.
• Ambitious We set high expectations for ourselves because people in need have high expectations of us.
• Passionate We persist in developing life-changing therapies because life should not be interrupted by brain disease.
• Responsible We act with respect and integrity in everything we do
6 Parkway North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert