Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The position is a key change agent and innovator for financial processes and systems. Identifies business opportunities and manages projects to implement cutting edge technology solutions to address those needs. Applies in depth system and business process knowledge in support of initiatives and is the key business partner to IT and Finance. Expert regarding integration between SAP modules and interoperability with other systems within the Finance landscape. Responsible for understanding the P&L as well as mastering the technological environment utilized within the Finance area. This role will also provide management with information, insights and recommendations to support optimal designs of financial solutions. Provides training to other finance team members or business customers as needed. Provides project management expertise to run process improvement projects. This position requires strong technical, business, and analytical skills to manage data quality monitoring & measuring, root cause analysis, logical design, testing, reporting, requirement gathering and development/maintenance of applications. This role will perform various access controls, mitigate segregation of duties conflicts, and perform periodic SAP financial processes. In addition, this position will manage the overall administration of the Finance intranet site.
- Provide in-depth systems and financial process knowledge to implement financial technology solutions within DSI
- Manage projects that affect financial systems and processes
- Perform system configuration related to finance applications as required and act as a single point of contact with stakeholders and external vendors.
- Manage and assess upgrades, changes and enhancements and perform full life cycle regression testing.
- Analyze, design, configure, test system changes and train finance teams
- Design change management, communication, and training programs to support Finance initiatives
- Identify viable targets and implement robotics process automation
- Implement SAP process improvements and act as a liaison with IT
- Streamline processes, sunset systems
- Key role in SAP / ERP enhancements and projects
- Identify new features and capabilities to expand user base
- Support financial applications and processes
- Design and perform data analytics to support diagnostics and decision making
- Design and develop new reports and/or queries in the production reporting environments
- Administer workflows and develop scripts for financial processes using Winshuttle
- Ensure user role maintenance and license management is provided for noted applications and system interoperability is coordinated (i.e. single sign-on configurations, etc.)
- Perform table updates, configure approval workflows, update artificial intelligence risk rules, and continually monitor and tweak the rules as needed
- Provide end user support
- Create and maintain Zendesk help desk sites for financial applications (excluding disbursement applications separately maintained in Strategic Business Services)
- Finance Department controls and Intranet site
- Perform SOX controls for firefighter access, sensitive access, and conflicting access for Finance teams
- Identify mitigation controls for security violations or resolve issues through security role updates
- Review and approve CHARM user access requests
- Perform SAP periodic processes (i.e. carry forwards, etc.) to support financial processes
- Cross trained in master data requirements and able to perform as a back-up as needed
- Responsible for the overall administration of the Finance Department Intranet site
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of the Finance site pages
- Coordinates and provides guidance to the various functional Web content leads
- Ensures Finance Intranet content is up to date
- Recommends ways to use the site as a tool to increase awareness and/or user adoption of financial solutions
- Participate and support the digital upskilling initiative
- Provide training and maintain various training support documentation on company portal and teams/sharepoint sites
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required
- MBA preferred Experience Qualifications
- 4 or More Years Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in FP&A, Corporate Finance and/or Financial Reporting Areas required and
- 4 or More Years Experience with SAP in FI Applications and practices, database elements, relationship and query concepts/report writing skills. required and
- 4 or More Years Strong technical knowledge and analytical skills required and
- Prior project management experience preferred and
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.