Applications Scientist, Biologics
- San Francisco, California
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Information Technology, Applications/Technical Support, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest scientific cloud computing run and our software suites continue to transform the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As a member of our West Coast Applications Science team, you’ll train and guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites, focusing on supporting biologics research, protein design and other meaningful problems in computational drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided molecular design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone who understands the design and analysis of novel biologic drugs, such as antibodies or peptides
- An excellent communicator, explainer, and presenter
- A creative “people person” who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who takes ownership of projects and manages time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitation of interactions between customers and product development teams, and giving general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting-edge scientific research and advise our customers on best practices for computational modeling
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Solid experience in structure based modeling of macromolecules
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector in one of the following areas: Antibody, enzyme, or peptide modeling; protein-protein docking; protein structure prediction; molecular dynamics simulations
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Enhanced sampling dynamics/free energy calculations
- Computational small molecule drug design
- Python programming
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
Estimated base salary range: $120,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.
Schrödinger is a leading provider of advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions and services to accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery for its clients, which include all major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide, as well as leading materials science researchers. Schrödinger also establishes deep partnerships and collaborations with companies in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics, and was a co-founder of leading biotech companies including Nimbus Therapeutics, Morphic Therapeutic, and others. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
A great company is made up of great people, and Schrödinger is no exception. Whether you’re in Administration, Sales, Finance, Law, Engineering, IT, or Science, we are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates who can join us and make our team stronger. You will find Schrödinger to be a dynamic, energetic, and fast-paced place to work, where you get to interact with some of the smartest and hardest working people you’ll ever meet. If you’ve ever had a curiosity about science, and how science can improve people’s lives, then there’s no
better place to be than Schrödinger.
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
Stock Symbol: SDGR
120 West 45th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert