Senior Manager Clinical Study Lead- Clinical Experimental Sciences
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
The Clinical Study Lead (CSL) – Clinical Experimental Science Operations (CES Ops) is accountable for the execution of assigned clinical studies/research collaborations from study design, through execution, to study close out. Additionally, there are responsibilities for participation in CES continuous improvement and Strategic Imperatives workstreams. The CSL is accountable for oversight of the contract and budget execution, study timelines, study budget management, and compliance with CES Ops Business Practice Tool processes, Regeneron Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ICH/GCP, as applicable. This role will interface heavily with Basic Research/Discovery as well as with clinical site staff, predominately at academic institutions. The CES Ops portfolio is dynamic in nature; study types include, less complex data transfer agreements, retrospective sample/data acquisition studies to more complex prospective studies including sample/data acquisition, biomarker/technology/method validation, genotypic/phenotypic call back studies, and challenge/screening studies.
A typical day may include the following:
- Leads the cross-functional study team responsible for clinical study/research collaboration delivery and is the primary point of contact of leadership and oversight (as required) for the assigned study from start up to close out
- Provides operational input into research plan and/or study protocol development
- Ensures development of study specific documentation such as samples management plans and data management plans are completed on time and in accordance with the study protocol.
- Oversees set-up and maintenance of study systems which may include Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), Trial Master File (TMF), study SharePoint etc.
- Identifies outsourcing needs of the study and leads and oversees engagement, contracting and management of required vendors, if appropriate
- Provides input into baseline timeline and budget development and management, facilitates internal review of the study budget for assessment of Fair Market Value
- Oversees and ensures Third Party Vendors are in alignment and are delivering per the scope of work
- Recommends and participates in cross-functional and departmental process improvement initiatives
- Responsible for identification of innovative approaches to clinical study execution including global considerations and continuous improvement departmental processes and procedure.
- May require 10% travel
To be considered for this opportunity:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 6 years relevant industry experience. Advanced degrees may be considered in lieu of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal & leadership skills
- Strategic and innovative mindset, challenges status quo when appropriate
- Flexible, able to operate effectively in ambiguous situations
- Ability to understand and implement the strategic direction and guidance for respective clinical studies
- A data driven approach to planning, executing, and problem solving
- Effective communication skills via verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Proactive and self-disciplined, ability to meet deadlines, effective use of time, and prioritization
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Budget management experience
- An awareness of relevant industry trends
- Demonstrated vendor management experience
- Technical proficiency in trial management systems and MS applications including (but not limited to) Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, EDC
- Experience in clinical study operations including experience developing protocols and key study documents
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP
- Effective project management skills, cross-functional team leadership and organizational skills
- Scientific background, experience in translational research and/or basic research desirable
#LI-HybridDoes this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$131,900.00 - $215,100.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert