Summer Intern - Cell Line Development
- Just - Evotec Biologics
- Redmond, WA
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Science/R&D, Bioengineering, Biology, Chemistry, Genetics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Cell line development group at Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a capable and motivated intern who shares the mission to design and apply innovative technologies to significantly improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. This project will evaluate methods to optimize transfection of proprietary cell line by modulating nucleotide ratio as well as gene amplification reagent in order to find a condition where cells display high gene integration events and the best recovery rate. This work will include performing high-throughput electroporation, culturing CHO cells, using molecular biology techniques to assess gene copy number, working with automation robot, and running small-scale cell production assays for analyzing cell line productivity. The intern will work closely with the Cell Line Development team in both Seattle and Redmond campus to obtain data for multiple transfection pools. The ideal candidate would have experience with aseptic technique and cell culture experience. Strong communication and analytical skills, attention to detail, and enthusiasm to learn and apply new scientific concepts are necessary for success in this internship.
- Work with a mentor to develop and characterize methods to optimize transfection and gene amplification for the in-house cell line.
- Contribute as a team member to ongoing projects and shared responsibilities, including general laboratory upkeep.
- End of internship presentation to the scientific staff
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Genetics or related field
- Excellent experimental design and analysis skills
- Experience with mammalian aseptic technique
- Experience with data analysis and visualization software (e.g. JMP, Tableau)
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Just - Evotec Biologics, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Our focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Learn more at www.just.bio.
401 Terry Avenue North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert