SR MES Automation Engineer I
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- Holly Springs, NC
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Engineering, Automation Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Bio NC
We are looking for an SR MES Automation Engineer I who wants to participate in our journey to establish the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO facility in North America. More importantly, someone who wants to be a part of the largest growth journey that we in FUJIFILM have ever entered.
In the project phase, your main responsibility as the SR MES Automation Engineer I will be support the implementation of the Syncade MES in the area of Drug Substance Manufacturing (DSM). Once in Operations, you will be responsible for the ongoing daily operational support, maintenance, and system administration of the system in DSM. You will report to the Automation Lead for DSM.
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help manufacture the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
We are growing our locations and are investing more than $2 billion into establishing a new large-scale manufacturing site for biopharmaceuticals in the United States to accelerate the growth of our Bio CDMO (Contract and Development Manufacturing Organization) business. This will be the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO provider in North America.
The new site will offer end-to-end solutions to our customers looking to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in the US. In addition to drug substance manufacture, it will also provide automated fill-finish and assembly, packaging, and labeling services. The new site is to be located in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States.
As the MES Automation Engineer I, you will have direct impact on the automation of a $2 billion Greenfield CDMO facility. We offer the possibility of being a part of the IT/Automation Team within the area of Drug Substance Manufacturing (DSM). Your existing experience as a technical SME will be leveraged to educate and motivate others on this exciting project.
We are looking for a team member with positive energy, entrepreneurship, and courage to take ownership of assigned tasks and develop novel solutions to technical problems while utilizing your extensive knowledge and knowhow. You will join an organization focusing on growth, people, and a steep learning curve as well as a diverse workplace with people driven to make a difference.
- Support the design and implementation of an Emerson Syncade Manufacturing Execution System to support our vision of paperless manufacturing with full ERP/MES/DCS integration and enforced workflows for a CDMO facility.
- Leverage the design and configuration prepared from a similar Large Scale Manufacturing FDB facility in Denmark
- Understand the business processes that MES supports such as Automated Weigh & Dispense and ensure that Manufacturing processes and their supporting functions are the primary driver for our solutions.
- Ensure project implementation is well received throughout the organization
- Manage change control in a regulated environment
- Work closely with sister site in Denmark with the opportunity to make periodic International and Domestic travel
- Perform the role of a Technical Lead, however, you should expect the role and responsibilities to develop and evolve as the project group expands
We are looking for a candidate with the following background and skill sets:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or technology field with a mindset towards programming
- 7+ years' experience designing, configuring, and implementing Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Experience with Emerson Syncade is preferred
- Programming skills, preferably within VB Script, XML/XPATH/XSLT and SQL/TSQL
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and fluency in English
- Collaborative attitude with the willingness to work with global peers and cross-functional teams toward company and department goals
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Knowledge with Drug Substance Manufacturing (DSM) would be beneficial
- Knowledge with Emerson DeltaV, OSIsoft PI, and InfoBatch is a plus, but not required
FDBN works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is an industry leading cGMP Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) supporting our partners in the biopharmaceutical industry with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and gene therapies.
With over 30 years of experience in process development and cGMP manufacturing, a dedicated staff of over 2,000 and a reputation for excellent customer service, flexibility and responsiveness, we’ve become a trusted partner to some of the most prominent biotech developers and pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Our Process Development experience includes the development of processes for molecules expressed via fermentation (e.g., E. coli, P. pastoris), cell culture systems including CHO, HEK, Vero, MDCK, EB66 and insect cells, and from transgenic sources.
Our network expands within five development and manufacturing facilities located in Teesside, United Kingdom; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA; College Station, Texas, Thousand Oaks CA USA and Hillerød, Denmark.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Research Triangle Park, NC
College Station, TX
Holly Springs, NC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert