- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- College Station, TX
- Start date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Lone Star Bio
The Manufacturing Supervisor may be assigned to work directly with Upstream, Downstream or Buffer Preparation Unit Operations. This individual will supervise a team of employees directly or indirectly in these production process units.
Operational oversight of the following systems dependent upon assignment
- Single-Use Cell Culture Vessels/Bioreactors up to 2000L
- Bacterial Fermentation Culture Vessels up to 2000L
- Alpha Wasserman Continuous Flow Centrifuges
- Disposable Magnetic Mixing Bags and Totes
- Cell Expansion and Propagation
- Banking/Cryopreservation of Cell Lines and Viruses
- Hyperstack, Cellstack and other adherent cell technologies
- Plate counting, microscopic examination
- Monitor cultures, take samples, turn-around of bioreactor and fermenters, sterilization, and inoculation
- Responsible for supervising daily manufacturing activities and staff, including hiring, performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, disciplinary actions, termination recommendations, training, development, etc.
- Responsible for implementing project safety and quality assurance programs
- Execution of SAP functionality for batch close out and generating SAP reports as required.
- Develop, write, and review Standard Operating Procedures, Buffer Formulation Records and Batch Production Records (BPRs).
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and execution of BPRs and activity records, according to cGMP regulations.
- Lead deviation resolution and closure with subject matter expert and quality teams.
- Responsible for tracking CAPAs to closure.
- Provide input and support to R&D functions during development and scale up activities as necessary.
- Represents organization in client meetings as the subject matter expert with regard to assigned manufacturing processes.
- Ensure an adequate supply of materials available; ensure all materials for project are procured prior to production.
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary company information.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with others.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated experience in training others to perform and maintain cGMP standards
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have flexible work hours, and be willing to work outside of normal, scheduled hours; as necessary. Must be able to work alternative shift hours and weekends as required.
- Excellent self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Advanced math and computer skills.
- Must have exceptional planning and organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proactive in process interfacing with colleagues in various roles and functions throughout the manufacturing facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and collaborate with others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required on a regular basis to
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, pushing, pulling, reaching above the shoulder, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, safety shoes and gloves.
- Ability to lift/pull/push up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Required to take a hearing conservation baseline test.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related field with 4 years of related experience; 2 of which should be in a GMP manufacturing environment; OR
- Associate degree / Technical certification in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering or other related field and 6 years of relevant experience; 3 of which should be in GMP manufacturing environment; OR
- High School/GED with 8 years of relevant experience; 4 of which should be in a GMP manufacturing environment; AND
- At least 2 years' experience in a leadership or supervisory role; AND
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a GMP environment
- Biotechnology Certificate
- Green-Belt Certification
- Experience with mammalian, insect, yeast, or bacterial cell lines and their cultivation and/or purification of biologics or viral vectors produced from such.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is an industry leading cGMP Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) supporting our partners in the biopharmaceutical industry with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and gene therapies.
With over 30 years of experience in process development and cGMP manufacturing, a dedicated staff of over 2,000 and a reputation for excellent customer service, flexibility and responsiveness, we’ve become a trusted partner to some of the most prominent biotech developers and pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Our Process Development experience includes the development of processes for molecules expressed via fermentation (e.g., E. coli, P. pastoris), cell culture systems including CHO, HEK, Vero, MDCK, EB66 and insect cells, and from transgenic sources.
Our network expands within five development and manufacturing facilities located in Teesside, United Kingdom; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA; College Station, Texas, Thousand Oaks CA USA and Hillerød, Denmark.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Research Triangle Park, NC
College Station, TX
Holly Springs, NC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert