- Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Start date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Engineering, Science/R&D, Biology, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The MES Engineer Level I is responsible for supporting activities such as requirements gathering, testing, implementation and use of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). This is the entry level position.
- Work closely with MES leads, system users and process owners to develop and revise MES recipes in a timely manner.
- Configure production recipes using a library of objects.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting on all related systems and provide ongoing end user support. Some off-hours coverage and support responsibilities are required.
- Assist in fulling requirements of quality records such as process change controls, CAPA, and deviations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred area of study in Engineer, Biology, Chemisty or similar.
- Excellent communication, client consulting, and project management skills.
- A core background in either Life Sciences Manufacturing or MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) with complementary skills in the other. Preferred experience in an IT Engineering role supporting manufacturing or related industry.
- Background in implementing or software engineering for MES systems (ex.- weigh and dispense, EBR, integration), preferably in a regulated or pharmaceutical production environment.
- Understanding of TrackWise, SAP, and LIMS.
- Experience with automated systems desired (Delta V Preferred).
- Hard working, inquisitive, mentally-flexible and critical thinking are must have qualities for the role.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- A positive attitude and an ability to adapt to, and embrace changed conditions are a big plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza is a preferred global partner to the pharmaceutical, biotech and nutrition markets. We work to enable a healthier world by supporting our customers to deliver new and innovative medicines that help treat a wide range of diseases. We achieve this by combining technological insight with world-class manufacturing, scientific expertise and process excellence. Our unparalleled breadth of offerings enables our customers to commercialize their discoveries and innovations in the healthcare industry.
Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, today, Lonza operates across five continents. With more than 17,000 employees (full-time equivalent), we comprise high-performing teams and individual talent who make a meaningful difference to our own business, as well as to the communities in which we operate. The company generated sales of CHF 3 billion with a CORE EBITDA of CHF 987 million in H1 2022. Find out more at www.lonza.com
1978 W Winton Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert