- Walkersville, Maryland
- Start date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Quality, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Science/R&D, Bioengineering, Biomedical Sciences
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Scientist will be responsible for leading New Product Introduction projects in the Testing, R&D group. The role will require design and execution of feasibility studies and development work associated with projects that fit within the strategic goals of the Testing Products business. The ideal candidate will conduct all work while thinking ahead to requirements necessary for successful transfer to manufacturing and commercialization of new products. He/she will also be responsible for anticipation, evaluation and implementation of trends and innovations in area of expertise.
- Conceives and develops new products for assigned product group including developing experimental strategies, performing experiments, and organizing experimental results.
- Leads projects and product development teams; establishes project goals and guidelines; tracks project progress toward milestones and deadlines.
- As part of planning, design experimental strategies, estimate required resources, budgets, and time, and as needed, modify plans with justification.
- Assembles and manages project budgets, resource needs, and time allocation.
- Follows product development from scale-up through technology transfer to manufacturing and post-market introduction. Improves product performance as required by market needs.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures in support of product development along with study and method reports. Provides data in support of FDA submissions where applicable.
- Leads custom and contract development projects with internal and external clients.
- Responsible for the technical success of the projects.
- Participates in the evaluation of new technologies.
- Maintains and improves established technologies.
- Provides technical support to other areas of the company, including QC and manufacturing.
- Identifies potential partners and establishes collaborations and business opportunities internally and externally in partnership with internal business teams.
- Attends and presents at external scientific conferences and seminars.
- Manages and leads associates and/or a small team.
- Represents R&D group both internally and to external customers.
- Acts as liaison between group members and upper management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PhD or BS/MS in BioSciences, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology for related discipline with 5-7 years relevant Experience in Industry
- Experience with spectrophotometric and fluorimetric instruments, where applicable.
- Experience with chromatography preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis of data (Excel, JMP, SAS, SigmaPlot, etc.); method development and validation, people and project management, team leadership, and product development from conception through commercialization.
- Ability to lead a project and team of associates.
- Ability to lead a project using indirect influence.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more fields including (but not limited to and where applicable): assay development, protein chemistry, cell culture technologies.
- cGMP compliance knowledge.
- Written and oral communication to include accurate and legible documentation skills, SOP and technical writing skills.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, database and spreadsheet creation and maintenance; filing, recordkeeping and planning skills; time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a strong and positive work ethic.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza is a preferred global partner to the pharmaceutical, biotech and nutrition markets. We work to enable a healthier world by supporting our customers to deliver new and innovative medicines that help treat a wide range of diseases. We achieve this by combining technological insight with world-class manufacturing, scientific expertise and process excellence. Our unparalleled breadth of offerings enables our customers to commercialize their discoveries and innovations in the healthcare industry.
Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, today, Lonza operates across five continents. With more than 17,000 employees (full-time equivalent), we comprise high-performing teams and individual talent who make a meaningful difference to our own business, as well as to the communities in which we operate. The company generated sales of CHF 3 billion with a CORE EBITDA of CHF 987 million in H1 2022. Find out more at www.lonza.com
1978 W Winton Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert