Senior Medical Science Liaison II (Immunology-PIDD/NM/Alpha-1 New York
- New York, New York
- Start date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Affairs, Science/R&D, Immunology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Reports to Sr. Director Field Medical Teams
Territory is NYC, New Jersey, Delaware
- Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company to inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Medical Science Liaison II in the New York Region (DE, NYC, Long Island, and NJ)
- At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to work towards their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers,, and work toward excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
About The Role
- Apply advanced field-based medical experience, subject matter knowledge in supporting medical strategies for Takeda compounds and in addressing unsolicited requests for medical information from healthcare professionals.
- Maximize and use expert relationships by identifying mutually beneficial opportunities that meet the strategic needs of team members.
How You Will Contribute:
- Expand on and use expert relationships by aligning specialist expertise with Takeda needs. Connect specialists internally to serve as advisors, expert guest speakers, investigators, and business development partners.
- Lead and help fulfill unsolicited requests, coordinates scientific, pharmacoeconomic, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange.
- Participate in building Medical Affairs strategy at medical conferences by identifying relevant sessions, coordinating field coverage, and facilitating interactions with Takeda team members.
- Participate in MA or team projects.
- Provide ongoing operational and scientific training within MA.
- Collect and interpret medical insights gathered from scientific exchange with experts.
- Communicate relevant information to company partners to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Present accurate, fair balanced scientific information to external customers, including at medical meetings or Takeda sponsored meetings.
- Lead the execution of the field medical component of sales training and speaker training projects.
- Identify and facilitate external research aligned with Takeda's medical strategies.
- Facilitate review and tracks progress of ongoing aligned research projects.
- Help evaluate, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation.
- Complete all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Mentor others within Field Medical Affairs.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree preferred, Masters considered in a health sciences related field preferred such as a PharmD, MD, Ph.D, NP or PA with equivalent experience considered, with a grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Three years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree including 2 years of medical liaison experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Have, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, team members and superiors.
- Well-versed in technical and scientific languages to communicate with important Experts, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, and other with all contributors.
- Experience leading project teams delivering strategic results for all partners
- Therapeutic area experience Immunology, rare neurology, and rare pulmonary therapeutic area's
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Drive to or fly to different meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
What Takeda Can Offer You:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
More About Us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the best patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $130,200 to $186,000 Range based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsNew York, NYAtlanta, GA, Charleston, SCWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert