Lead Manufacturing Technician
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Hattiesburg, MS
- Start date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
LEAD TECHNICIAN, MANUFACTURING DEPARTMENT – HATTIESBURG, MISSISSIPPI LOCATION
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Lead Technician for our Manufacturing Department in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of related experience. Must have the ability to read and understand wire diagrams, have basic mathematical skills, be detail-orientated, focused on operating within established tolerances and standards and have experience in GMP documentation and procedures. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
Lead Technician is responsible for maintaining the EPPU-Hattiesburg Production facility in good working order and in compliance with cGMP and ISO standards. The Lead Technician is also responsible for operation of the Reactive Skin Decontamination Lotion (RSDL) packaging line and provide daily direction to contract workers on-site in support of manufacturing operations.
- Providing work direction and training to production employees
- Performing routine line inspections to ensure equipment and line is running efficiently
- Ensue documentation and data entry are performed per approved procedures
- Thorough understanding of all positions of the manufacturing line
- Effectively communicate relevant information to fellow employees
- Ensure good housekeeping of manufacturing suite to ensure product quality standards are maintained
- Stand in for supervisor when required (vacations, sick, etc.)
- Adhere to safe work practices
- Follow established GMP guidelines and report any conditions or practices that may adversely affect quality of product or personnel safety
- Trouble-shoot production line stoppages and malfunctions.
- Work with Supervisor to maintain various systems (lighting, ventilation, compressed air, HVAC) in efficient working order
- Develop and assist in production equipment improvement projects
- Perform preventive electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Interact with and manage maintenance contractors
- Other duties as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High school or equivalent
- Significant Course Training/Experience in electrical circuit design and maintenance (preferred)
- 1 - 3 years of related experience
- Ability to read and understand wire diagrams, instrument/equipment diagrams and instrument/equipment manuals (preferred).
- Basic pneumatic, mechanical, controller and electrical skills (preferred).
- Basic Mathematics skills.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing robotic equipment (preferred).
- Ability to work in a team environment while directing and instructing line workers.
- Detail-oriented focused on operating within established tolerances and standards.
- Available for overtime as required.
- Experience in GMP documentation and procedures.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com to apply today!
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert