Network Engineer II
- United States
- Start date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Database Administration, Information/Data Security, Software Development, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Technical expert that will independently identify, engineer, and optimize new data, software, or technology solutions that address critical business needs. Continuously seek to improve existing methods and processes. Read and adapt literature and publicly available information to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of techniques and methods for information technology engineering, including software development, data warehousing, statistics, machine learning, and/or technology infrastructure (including servers, storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments). Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives and modify approach when required.
- Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress.
- Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
Bachelors degree in relevant field and at least 5 years relevant experience OR Masters degree in relevant field and at least 4 years experience.
- Design experience for large global scale enterprise WAN, LAN, WLAN, firewalls, load balancing and cloud communications for 10,000+ users
- Defines, plans and designs innovative enterprise Network infrastructure solutions
- Requires demonstrated ability to administer layer 3 and layer 2 switching, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, port-channels, SIP, QoS and LAN/WAN standards
- Data center infrastructure implementation including Cisco 3-tier and spine-leaf designs
- Requires experience with highly complex routing scenarios and redundancy
- Requires SD-WAN experience from a design and engineering perspective, preferably Cisco/Viptela
- Possess a working understanding of cloud designs and architectures; prefer AWS and Azure
- Requires expertise in switching and routing configuration on the Cisco platforms
- Requires experience with Wi-Fi design and implementation in an enterprise environment, with a preference of Cisco controllers and APs
- Experience with load balancing (F5 GTM/LTM, Citrix Netscaler, cloud native) and WAN optimization (Riverbed, Silverpeak) preferred
- Experience with one or more network automation tools and/or programming languages
- Consistently deliver projects in a timely manner. Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert