Territory Business Manager - San Jose, CA
- Scilex Holding Company
- San Jose, CA
- Start date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Marketing, Market Research/Customer Experience, Sales & Service, Account Management, Customer Service
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Target Salary Range ($105,000-$150,000)
SCILEX Pharmaceutical Inc. responsibly develops and brings branded products to market using technologies to maximize quality of life. We are uncompromising in our focus to become the global pharmaceutical leader committed to social, environmental, economic, and ethical responsibility. Dedicated to using our internal partnerships, we deliver the next generation of products that are responsible by design. The Company’s lead product under development, ZTlido™ (lidocaine patch 1.8%), is a branded lidocaine patch formulation for the potential treatment of relieving the pain of postherpetic neuralgia, also referred to as after-shingles pain.
SCILEX Pharmaceutical Inc. is a federal government contractor and, in compliance with its obligations under current federal regulations, SCILEX Pharmaceutical requires all employees, including newly hired employees, to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. For further information, please refer to the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force’s September 24, 2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, available at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Scilex is dedicated to the development and commercialization of non-opioid pain management products. We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, who can roll up their sleeves, put on multiple hats and have a can-do attitude without a lot of oversight or instruction.
The Territory Business Manager (TBM) will work in their assigned geography to lead with sales activities. Specifically, the TBM is responsible in their assigned geography to maximize awareness and sales results of promoted products. The TBM will engage key assigned Neurologist, Pain Management and Primary Care Physicians across their assigned territories in face-to-face discussions to promote assigned product(s), maximize the product(s)’ selling potential, meet program objectives, and deliver revenue in an assigned area and contribute to the achievement of the Company’s revenue goals. The TBM will also be responsible to engage key pharmacies in each territory to conduct compliant sales discussions of the products promoted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement business plans and tactical strategies for their territories.
- Manage geographic territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, call metrics, appropriate sample distribution, etc.
- Manage daily sales call activity according to defined expectations, with the purpose of influencing customers and building and driving product sales:
- Promote product(s) via face to face interactions with assigned HCP targets, Pharmacies while engaging them in in-depth program discussions/presentations.
- Profile and manage a list of key HCP targets and Pharmacies to provide value-added benefits to grow product volume.
- Sample and provide Co-Pay cards to HCP’s based on the business needs identified by the TBM’s.
- Develop call plan for the territory and make the number of calls on physicians and pharmacies as per the call plan.
- Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs and questions.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using effective selling, listening and negotiation skills, proper terminology and approved messaging.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of product(s).
- Sample as per the company policy and record distribution of samples in a compliant way.
- Verify and complete required data entry in CRM systems, such as details of the target’s responses and any follow-through actions.
- Regularly and timely communication with Regional Business Director as required.
- Create and maintain a positive relationship with customers.
- Prepare reports for management as needed.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Scilex Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations as well as the Company’s policies and procedures in connection with the performance of the job function, including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Act, Marketing Act, the PhRMA Code related to interactions w/healthcare providers, and the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Participate in teleconference and live National, regional and district meetings and training sessions and represent Scilex at National and/or local conventions when requested.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience and success in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- 4 Year College Degree
- Able to work large geography
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation & decision-making skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability and willingness to take direction from multiple sources and complete instructed tasks within deadlines provided
- Can quickly establish customer relationships
- Maintains a competent knowledge of product knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Reside in within the assigned geography
- Willingness to travel, some overnight travel may be required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic knowledge of pharmaceutical industry.
- Goal and results driven
- Strong process facilitation, problem solving and analytical thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day basis.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional manner.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Excellent selling, closing, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency at an advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete training and meet training expectations to operate within the parameters of the program.
- The chance to grow your career in a dynamic, growing, and collaborative environment
- Earn a competitive salary while allowing you to focus your attention on innovative science.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (HMO, PPO, HSA, and FSA options), dental, vision, life and disability insurance, company-matching 401(k), 8 paid holidays, flexible PTO, and stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Scilex Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SCILEX HOLDING COMPANY (Nasdaq: SCLX, “Scilex”), majority-owned by Sorrento, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of non-opioid pain management products. We are uncompromising in our focus to become the global pain management leader committed to social, environmental, economic, and ethical principles to responsibly develop pharmaceutical products to maximize quality of life.
The company’s lead product ZTlido® (lidocaine topical system) 1.8%, is a branded prescription lidocaine topical product approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the relief of pain associated with Post-Herpetic Neuralgia (PHN), which is a form of post-shingles nerve pain.
Scilex’s SP-102 (10 mg dexamethasone sodium phosphate viscous gel injection), or SEMDEXA™, for the treatment of Lumbar Radicular Pain has completed enrollment in a Phase III clinical trial and has received Fast Track Status from the FDA. If approved by the FDA, the company expects SP-102 to be the first FDA-approved non-opioid epidural injection to treat lumbosacral radicular pain, or sciatica, with the potential to replace 10 to 11 million off-label epidural steroid injections administered each year in the US.
SCILEX is committed to harnessing the power of revolutionary delivery technologies designed to safely and effectively provide therapies to those who need them the most.
Scilex Pharmaceuticals and Semnur Pharmaceuticals are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Scilex Holding Company.
- (650) 516-4310
960 San Antonio Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert