- CSL Behring
- Kankakee, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
CSL Behring in Kankakee, Illinois has grown into a global biotechnology leader, motivated by that same promise to save and improve lives. We offer the broadest range of quality plasma-derived and recombinant therapies in our industry. We have recently been awarded America's Best Employers for 2022 by Forbes magazine.
This position is responsible for the equipment reliability and maintenance strategy of utility and manufacturing equipment through continuous monitoring of equipment operational performance and implementing actions needed for improvement (Reliability-Centered Maintenance).
Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations by applying data analysis techniques (statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction, fault tree analysis, Six Sigma (6σ) methodology, etc.), root cause analysis (RCA), root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system (FRACAS).
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Develop, implement and maintain equipment maintenance strategy and plans for plant equipment.
2. Perform continuous improvement of maintenance PM’s, BOM’s and Spare Parts for accuracy, efficiency and in support of compliance with applicable regulations
3. Leads Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance Improvement (RCM) tasks.
4. Conduct analysis of system maintenance process and perform reliability studies:
- Use of reliability tools and processes such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Uses data to recommend improvements based on CMMS, FMEA, RCA and systems reliability data
- Analyze equipment trends ensuring the maintenance program is effective
5. Management of CMMS data integrity and execution of Reliability Centered Maintenance Improvements:
- Ensure that the Preventative / Predictive Programs and Maintenance Planning Processes are executed
- Evaluate new technologies (predictive tools) to be used by technicians and engineers
- Accountable to effectively apply PdM technologies and non-destructing testing to minimize unscheduled/scheduled maintenance downtime
6. Provide engineering field support to identify, address and resolve operational / compliance issues and to ensure equipment is maintained at a level required to provide high reliability maximizing useful life.
7. Recommend and implement measures through global initiatives to improve equipment that support manufacturing operations in a dynamic, fast-paced cGMP, biotechnology environment.
8. Collaborate with Engineering in the equipment classification process, defining SAP Location hierarchy, populating asset information, developing Return-to-Service PM instructions and acquisition of equipment manuals.
9. Monitor KPI’s:
- Measure and report reliability performance
- Demonstrate success of preventative maintenance improvements through performance reports, dashboards and metrics
10. Demonstrate continuous improvement with respect to increasing job knowledge and proficiency related to biopharmaceutical industry engineering best practices and technologies, as well as technical understanding/problem solving capability.
11. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Regulatory Agency audits.
12. Complies with requirements from CSL Behring’s Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.
13. Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering preferred or B.S. degree in an Engineering related field.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional, (preferred but not required)
- Certified Reliability Engineer, (preferred but not required)
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role in support of a large industrial, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or FDA regulated facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Reliability Engineering concepts such as TPM, RCM, RBI, FMEA and RCFA experience with process improvement principles such as Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- Experience in Vibration Analysis, Ultrasound Scanning, Infrared Scanning, Oil Analysis, Eddy Current, Liquid Penetrating testing, Dynamic/Static Motor Current testing, etc
- Proficiency in Power BI is a plus
- Experience with Quality Management and Change Control Systems.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Functional knowledge of cGMPs and manufacturing operations in FDA regulated facility
- Knowledge & experience in the operations and maintenance of utility systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Computer skills: MS Office Suite, MS Project, and AutoCAD.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert