Global Pharma MES COE – MES Support Leader
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Lilly’s Purpose
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Come help us in supporting Pharma MES, critical systems for Eli Lilly
This role is part of the Global MES CoE Team, whose purpose is to deliver and support Manufacturing Execution Systems based on Rockwell Automation solutions and customized for Lilly: presently it is Global PMX, and in short terms Pharma Suite. These systems enable Pharma Manufacturing sites worldwide to deliver world class performance and supply about 49M patients with critical medicines all over the world.What You’ll Be Doing
This position works with the Global Pharma MES Leader, leads a group of dedicated global contractors and focuses on the following key elements:
- Partner with the 9 Pharma Sites to ensure value from MES applications through their availability and reliability.
- Partner with Rockwell Automation (the Vendor) for issues
- Understand priority of Pharma Sites in terms of severity and criticality of the issues
- Coordinate with other Global IDS teams to ensure continuity of operations and MES performances
- Monitor of support process metrics with Rockwell
- Organization of PMX installations and MES environments upgrade and patching
- Lead emergency releases and their validation
- Be Bold - We are looking for someone to solve tough challenges in enabling Lilly Pharma Sites continuity of MES for their Manufacturing and Quality operations.
- Be Fast - We need someone who is willing to move at the pace of Lilly IDS team, and partner with Pharma Sites and their continuous evolution to ensure reliable supply of medicines.
- Be Proactive - You will have opportunities to collaborate with IDS team members and Pharma Sites to support Global PMX and Pharma Suite. For Pharma Suite, you will help designing and implementing the support structure.
- Be Your Best - As Global Pharma MES Support Leader, you will be facing exciting new challenges with existing and new technologies, agile ways of working, and a diverse environment made of colleague’s form all the world.
What You Should Bring (preferred skills)
- Very good knowledge of Global PMX systems, particularly DPN and PPN versions
- Good knowledge of Lilly IDS ecosystem and IDS Infrastructure components at Pharma sites
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical processes and GMP
- Significant experience in working for Pharma sites, in particular projects and support activity
- Significant experience of global projects in Manufacturing and Quality IDS area, preferably MES
- Experience in Computer System Validation process
- Ability and shown experience in activity planning, respect the related deadlines, and people coordination, in some cases even from other teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and collaboration skills, working across global and diverse teams
- Good communication skills, ability to quickly establish professional relationships in a global environment, ability to lead a team of people
- Proactivity and leadership in dealing with complex project, attention to details
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking; seek for innovations
Your Basic Qualifications (with no sponsorship)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- High School Diploma/GED with 4-5 years of Manufacturing and Quality IDS experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Eli Lilly IDS builds and maintains capabilities using innovative technologies like most prominent tech companies. What differentiates Eli Lilly IDS is that we build new possibilities through tech to advance our purpose – crafting medicines that make life better for people around the world, like digitalization of Manufacturing and Quality operations, and global strategy for harmonized approach. We hire the best technology professionals from a variety of backgrounds so they can bring an assortment of knowledge, skills, and diverse thinking to deliver innovative solutions in every area of our business.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert