Senior Purchasing Agent
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Start date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Administration, Procurement
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
The Impact You’ll Make
- Partner with the business to actively place purchase requests, verify safety review of new incoming materials, and communicate with stakeholders to ensure their needs are met
- Organize inventory planning and forecast review meetings to ensure inventory items are ordered on time
- Drive negotiations with suppliers to ensure good communication, competitive pricing and on-time delivery
- Own the full end to end ordering process; ensure orders are completed and partner with AP to ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion
- Build relationships with key suppliers and monitor their performance through supplier scorecards
- Master the Recursion supply chain and assist internal customers with buying decisions: researchers product, cross-reference, pricing, negotiation & availability
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service support, reliability etc
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all suppliers and internal relationships;
- Monitor purchasing metrics for trends, supplier performance (scorecards), identifying areas for improvements and drive continuous improvement with suppliers
- Anticipate potential risks regarding material availability, identify actual challenges, and take proactive steps to achieve resolution while informing appropriate personnel;
- Develop / present ideas to reduce and/or consolidate costs, improve operational efficiency, add value and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement;
The Team You’ll Join
- You’ll become a key member of the Business Operations team that designs and supports the systems, processes, and tools that help deliver on our mission. Developing an industrialized sourcing approach that allows us to leverage our scale and enable you to leave your mark as we continue to grow! You will develop collaborative and cross-functional relationships throughout the company and the supply chain as we strive to decode biology and radically improve lives!
The Experience You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5+ years in a professional procurement role with high levels of responsibility
- A BS degree in a finance, business, technical or biological field (engineering, molecular biology, etc); MBA, or CPSM certification preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment supporting all functions within the organization
- Ability to evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and review the quality of products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a highly dynamic R&D company is strongly preferred
- Good relationship building and problem solving skills
- Process development experience
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables and general formulas)
- Ability to make informed decisions in the absence of complete information or guidance
- Experience with Windows Dynamics NAV preferred
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today.
Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with offices in Toronto, Montreal and Milpitas, California. We're working to solve some of the most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come do the most impactful work of your career at a company that prioritizes belonging, collaboration and career development.
41 S. Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert