Research Associate- Roan Lab
- Gladstone Institutes
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Roan lab is now accepting applications for a Research Associate (RA). The RA will assist the Roan lab in projects relating to decipher HIV reservoirs, particularly in mucosal tissues. Our main approaches includeex vivotissue models and multi-parameter single-cell phenotyping analysis of datasets generated by single-cell sequencing. Preference will be for candidates that have some undergraduate programming experience particularly in R and that are familiar with scRNA-seq analysis using Seurat, and with some molecular biology lab experience. Knowledge or experience in the field of immunology is a plus. Recent graduates with plans on applying for medical/graduate school are encouraged to apply.
Analyzing single-cell sequencing data (performing QC steps and data analysis) and running/modifying scripts
Generating high-throughput sequencing libraries for sequencing
Designing and executing experiments
Tissue culture laboratory work
Associates degree and 2+ years relevant experience
Bachelor’s degree in a molecular biology-related field
Experience in writing and running scripts (R scripts, bash scripts)
Basic knowledge in biology and molecular biology
Hands-on experience working in a research laboratory, preferably with tissue/cell culturing
Willingness to learn, optimize, and troubleshoot new techniques under supervision
Excellent organizational skills
Attention to detail in experimental techniques and record keeping
Excellent oral/written communication and analytical skills
Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and reliability
Experience with high-throughput sequencing data analysis
Experience with next-generation sequencing library preparations and quality control
Some experience with different programming languages
Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
$52,000 ($25/hr) - $61,177 ($29.41/hr)
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Gladstone is an independent, nonprofit life science research organization located in the epicenter of biomedical and technological innovation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gladstone has created a research model that disrupts how science is done, funds big ideas, and attracts the brightest minds. Gladstone Institutes leads the way for innovative research in the biomedical field. We always seek dedicated and talented individuals to join our team.
Scientists know that using a diversity of approaches is often the most efficient strategy for solving a problem. New and different perspectives engender the very innovation that Gladstone prizes. This is one of the many reasons why we value diversity at Gladstone—be that a diversity of race, culture, religion, mental or physical ability, heritage, age, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Our employees hail from more than 30 countries around the globe and we seek to hire the best and brightest for our diverse team of scientists and administrators. Career opportunities are available in both our administrative offices and our research areas.
Gladstone offers eligible employees—and their dependents—a comprehensive range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, and professional development.
- Health and Retirement
- A choice of medical plans, flexible spending account, and retirement account options that include employer contributions help you take care of your health and your future.
- Time Away from Work
- More than just vacation days, our paid and unpaid leave policies offer flexibility to help you confront different stages of life including maternity and paternity leave, as well as other types of family leave.
- Professional Development
- Gladstone encourages employees to seek the skills they need to remain at the forefront of their profession. By supporting professional development workshops and continuing education, Gladstone provides employees with the resources they need to evolve in their role and in their career.
- Gladstone Cares
- A specially selected suite of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace. Includes resources for dealing with the many stages of life to specific coverage for family planning, and back-up child or elder care coverage.
1650 Owens Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert