Intern: Process Science
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- Holly Springs, NC
- Start date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Engineering, Manufacturing & Production, Process
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Bio NC
Follow Your Genki to North America's largest, state-of-the-art Life Science Manufacturing Facility & CDMO
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help manufacture the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
We are growing our locations and are investing more than $2 billion into establishing a new large-scale manufacturing site for biopharmaceuticals in the United States to accelerate the growth of our Bio CDMO (Contract and Development Manufacturing Organization) business. This will be the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO provider in North America.
The new site will offer end-to-end solutions to our customers looking to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in the US. In addition to drug substance manufacture, it will also provide automated fill-finish and assembly, packaging, and labeling services. The new state-of-the-art facility is located in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic students and recent graduates to join our summer internship program in Holly Springs. This is a truly unique opportunity to see what goes into creating and shaping the future of our site. Interns will work on-site in Holly Springs for up to 40 hours per week and will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from some of the most talented, experienced leaders in the industry.
This is an intensive 12-weeks, full time internship, with ownership of critical projects to support Process Sciences, in areas of operations readiness and process/technology transfer. The Process Science department provides engineering and scientific leadership to support both clinical and commercial processes for drug substance an drug product manufacturing. The Process Science team also act as leads in process transfers, are Subject Matter Experts for manufacturing processes, responsible for scale-up/scale down of processes, as well as other projects. Cross functional collaboration throughout the entire organization is an important part of our everyday work.
The department continuously strives to identify opportunities to improve systems and practices and provides direction to the manufacturing organization.
As a Process Science intern, you will be a part of a dedicated team with highly competent colleagues focusing on operations readiness and process transfers. You will be involved in multi-disciplinary projects working in close collaboration with team members and/or in cross functional project groups.
This position provides a unique and exciting opportunity to use your education and gain experience in bioproduction manufacturing to shape the future of the manufacturing science team in this $2B large scale manufacturing.
- Work closely to support the department in development and implementation of processes
- Conduct research, ask questions, gather, and analyze data
- Prepare and/or review documents, reports and/or presentations
- Work closely with supervisor to determine internship project and achieve project goals
- Final presentation of assigned project at the conclusion of the internship
- Search for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Interact with department, cross-functional groups, and senior leadership
- Attend social and professional networking events
- Assist the Process Science team in development of comprehensive operating procedures that need to be created for operational readiness.
- Assist in process/tech transfer activities, according to plan.
- Serve as point of contact for enabling lab equipment order, develop plan for enabling ancillary parts/consumables required for lab start-up.
- As time allows, define areas for future improvements, particularly in process/technology transfer.
- Connect with our sister site and leveraging existing business process/procedures as a starting point.
- Should be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college or have graduated within the past six months (Chemical or Bio Engineering or other Life Science field). Must have completed at least two years of course work
- Ability to work on-site in Holly Springs up to 40 hours per week
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills and an ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong organization and data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as presentation skills
- Flexibility and a solution-based mindset
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and capable of working with a high degree of independence
- Capable of absorbing and utilize new knowledge quickly
FDBN works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is an industry leading cGMP Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) supporting our partners in the biopharmaceutical industry with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and gene therapies.
With over 30 years of experience in process development and cGMP manufacturing, a dedicated staff of over 2,000 and a reputation for excellent customer service, flexibility and responsiveness, we’ve become a trusted partner to some of the most prominent biotech developers and pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Our Process Development experience includes the development of processes for molecules expressed via fermentation (e.g., E. coli, P. pastoris), cell culture systems including CHO, HEK, Vero, MDCK, EB66 and insect cells, and from transgenic sources.
Our network expands within five development and manufacturing facilities located in Teesside, United Kingdom; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA; College Station, Texas, Thousand Oaks CA USA and Hillerød, Denmark.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Research Triangle Park, NC
College Station, TX
Holly Springs, NC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert