Cleaning and Sterility Engineer
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing & Production, Facilities & Site, Manufacturing/Mechanical, Process, Safety
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
The Process Engineering Center (PEC) is a group of skilled engineering practitioners who possess deep technical expertise and have access to appropriate lab facilities. The PEC partners with plant engineers, site process engineers, Global Facility Delivery engineers, development engineers, HSE resources and scientists to provide rigorous technical solutions.
Key attributes include the following: Technical contributions based on first principles, delivering technical solutions with significant business impact across the site/network, influencing leadership through technical input across the API, Parenteral, and Device networks, improving engineering practices, seeking external perspective to solicit best practices, and mentoring/coaching site resources.
The cleaning and sterilization engineer will be a key subject matter expert for Lilly Development and Manufacturing and will combine cleaning/sterilization knowledge with Engineering Tech Center laboratory capability to deliver solutions for Lilly Manufacturing sites
- Support of Development and Manufacturing Sites: Partner with internal development personnel, manufacturing personnel, and external partners to troubleshoot and optimize cleaning and sterilization operations
- Support of Capital Projects: Partner with site user reps and GFD to integrate the ability to clean and maintain sterility into manufacturing processes in a cost effective manner. Provide design oversight and guidance to engineering firms that focus on cleaning and sterility.
- Laboratory: Develop experimental programs and lab models to generate data to support robust solutions for cleaning and sterilization applications. Ensure lab experiments are performed safely. Follow all Lilly laboratory Chemical Hygiene Plan requirements and ETC safety policies
- External Involvement: Stay abreast of external trends and regulatory requirements in Cleaning and Sterilization and provide input into industry guidelines. Understand how Lilly cleaning practices compare to peers and ensure the Lilly practices align with regulatory requirements.
- Mentor and Knowledge Sharing: Mentor engineers and other support personnel at the sites. Facilitate Internal networking amongst site SME’s and document collective knowledge. Drive standardization/harmonization at the sites.
- BS in Engineering or Science field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years in API manufacturing
- Deep Technical knowledge of Cleaning and/or Sterilization in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- The successful candidate will frequently work independently and, as such, must be a self-starter and capable of working with little direction
- Experience designing lab-scale experiments
- Demonstrated ability to influence leadership and technical peers
- Domestic (including Puerto Rico) and international travel may be required (10-20%)
- Role is based out of Indianapolis< IN (Lilly Technology Center South)
- Role requires ability to work in manufacturing and laboratory environments.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert