Senior Director - LRL Internal Communications
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Do you have experience with developing communication processes and strategy for internal employee populations at all levels, including executive leadership? The Senior Director, LRL Internal Communications, will be responsible for leading and implementing an internal communications strategy for Lilly Research Labs (LRL). Bring your energy and expertise to Lilly and help engage and inform our employees by leading our communication strategy within our scientific community and beyond!
The Senior Director will partner with counterparts in Global Communications (Enterprise Communications, Reputation Management and Creative Content and Channels), as well as LRL business partners to develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications strategy to support LRL priorities and deliver on Lilly’s global communications objectives.Key Objectives
- Develop and carry out a communications strategy that drives alignment with the overall LRL strategy and priorities and focuses on engaging employees across LRL.
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel and support to the Executive leadership within LRL.
- With strategic direction from the Enterprise Communications Associate Vice President and in collaboration with LRL HR and LRL Strategy/Ops business partners, lead communications efforts for priority employee initiatives.
- Develop creative, streamlined and forward-looking internal communications that drive employee engagement and connection and help connect scientists to Lilly’s Purpose.
- Using the corporate and LRL narratives, as well as other key communications materials, build content, scripts and talking points for internal communications channels including LillyNow, Yammer, emails, executive presentations, town halls and other large-scale communications across LRL.
- Use data and analytics to inform communications strategy, tactical implementation and impact.
- Partner with colleagues within Global Communications and across other business areas on urgent, time-sensitive communications relating to transformational and organizational change efforts (including leadership transitions, organizational announcements, etc.).
- Partner with the Corporate Reputation team and the CCC team to ensure strong alignment regarding traditional and social media and messaging, including recruiting campaigns, media outreach/interviews, and social media strategies.
- Partner with Corporate Reputation team members to provide content and guidance for external speaking and/or media opportunities for the Executive Vice President, Chief Scientific and Medical Officer and President, LRL.
- Supervise external agencies and vendors, as needed.
- Serve as member of the Enterprise Communications lead team.
- Play an active role on the LRL lead team, providing critical communications counsel that helps drive the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 10 or more years of diverse communications experience preferably within corporate or public relations agency environments with Internal Communications or Employee Engagement experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Pharmaceutical, scientific or healthcare communications experience and expertise
- Project management capabilities that include process development and improvement, communications of standard processes, and measurement.
- Proven success managing multiple, competing initiatives
- Ability to display a confident presence with senior executives
- Experience managing teams with diverse skills and experiences
- Superb verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong internal communications experience is critical with proven track record of implementing initiatives that engage employees.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with quick learning capabilities.
- Ability to be a flexible teammate, act quickly and meet deadlines with the highest ethical and business standards.
- Proven ability to be innovative and creative, and knowledgeable about new communications trends.
- Proven track record in providing strategic, persuasive and appropriate communications counsel to senior leaders.
- Ability to manage issues and remain calm under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with ability to grasp and focus on the big picture.
- Travel (domestic) is expected
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert